Does anyone have a table of Earth mean temperatures?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a table of Earth mean temperatures going back as far as possible. Suggestions were made to try Google, Google Scholar, Wikipedia, and NASA for such information. Various datasets and sources were mentioned, including GISS, HadCrut5, RSS, and BEST. The conversation ended with the hope that the OP had found what they were looking for.
TL;DR Summary
Does anyone have a table of Earth mean temperatures?
I would like a table of Earth mean temperatures going back as far as available. Where can I find that?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Have you tried professor Google?

• Haha
Likes russ_watters, pinball1970 and BillTre
Yes. I haven't found it there. I hope this forum can provide it.

Sounds like it should be in climate change kind of literature.
I would try a google scholar search on things like that.
One would think it would be somewhere.
Maybe a text book.

Likes pinball1970
tonyeveland said:
Are you serious? Have you heard of Wikipedia?

Likes russ_watters and pinball1970
tonyeveland said:
Another word for 'mean' is 'average'. I had quite good luck googling 'Earth average temperature' and then clicking on the 'image' button.

NASA has an image very near the top that goes back 500 million years.

Likes pinball1970, PeroK, berkeman and 1 other person
tonyeveland said:
TL;DR Summary: Does anyone have a table of Earth mean temperatures?

I would like a table of Earth mean temperatures going back as far as available. Where can I find that?
Lots of hits for the below, even with the q in

"earth mean temperaqtures"

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and PeroK
If you are asking about atmospheric temperatures as measured 2 meters above the ground,
GISS temperature is not a bad one, and goes back to 1880.
The "Global-mean monthly, seasonal, and annual means, 1880-present," can be exported as text of CSV.
Other data sets include HadCrut5, RSS, and BEST.

• Informative
Likes pinball1970
johnbbahm said:
If you are asking about atmospheric temperatures as measured 2 meters above the ground,
GISS temperature is not a bad one, and goes back to 1880.
The "Global-mean monthly, seasonal, and annual means, 1880-present," can be exported as text of CSV.
Other data sets include HadCrut5, RSS, and BEST.
The OP was on the site for 17 minutes. Hopefully googled and took something.

Likes russ_watters

1. What is the definition of Earth mean temperature?

The Earth mean temperature is the average temperature of the entire planet, taking into account both land and ocean temperatures.

2. How is Earth mean temperature measured?

Earth mean temperature is typically measured using satellite data, weather stations, and ocean buoys. These measurements are then analyzed and combined to calculate the average temperature of the planet.

3. What is the current Earth mean temperature?

The current Earth mean temperature is approximately 15°C (59°F). However, this value can vary slightly depending on the source of data and the time period being measured.

4. How has Earth mean temperature changed over time?

There has been a general trend of increasing Earth mean temperature over the past century. The average global temperature has risen by about 1.1°C (2°F) since the late 19th century, with the majority of this warming occurring in the past few decades.

5. Why is it important to monitor Earth mean temperature?

Monitoring Earth mean temperature is crucial for understanding the Earth's climate and how it is changing over time. It can also help us identify and address potential impacts of climate change, such as sea level rise, extreme weather events, and changes in ecosystems.

Suggested for: Does anyone have a table of Earth mean temperatures?

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views