Can Prophecy Violate Quantum Mechanics?

• Thread starter Karl G.
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Qm
In summary, it is unknown if time travel is possible or not, and even if it is, it may not be possible to traverse great distances in time.
Karl G.
I've always wondered that when people claim to predict the future, don't they violate the laws of quantum mechanics? QM says that the state of a future system cannot be known (as it could be for classical physics), but can only be subject to the laws of probability.

Physics news on Phys.org

If you want my opinion, those people should be violating a lot more laws than they do anyway. Especially the kind that used "physical" arguments to support their gibberish ("your energy spectrum is distorted, but if you give me $ 300 I will resonate your eigenfrequency so that you may pass into a higher spacetime dimension" - *puke*).

CompuChip said:
If you want my opinion, those people should be violating a lot more laws than they do anyway. Especially the kind that used "physical" arguments to support their gibberish ("your energy spectrum is distorted, but if you give me $ 300 I will resonate your eigenfrequency so that you may pass into a higher spacetime dimension" - *puke*).

In reading your post, I noticed your Aura oscillating into the violet.

CompuChip said:

Agreed! Did you know that Kevin Trudeau suggested in his book that cooking food at your house instead of going to a restaurant modifies its electrons? The scary thing is that people actually believe this stuff.

Karl G. said:
I've always wondered that when people claim to predict the future, don't they violate the laws of quantum mechanics? QM says that the state of a future system cannot be known (as it could be for classical physics), but can only be subject to the laws of probability.

In a sense, what you are asking is if time travel [beyond the normal sense of time] is possible. The answer is that we don't know.

There was one recent effort to make what amounts to a time telephone to the future [or to the past, depending on which end we are talking about], by a physicist named Mallet. I believe the consensus is that his papers are in error.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=42834

Last edited:

1. What is QM and how does it relate to prophecy?

Quantum Mechanics (QM) is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It is a fundamental theory that explains the behavior of particles and their interactions. Prophecy, on the other hand, is a belief or statement about the future, often attributed to a divine or supernatural source. There is no direct connection between QM and prophecy, as QM deals with the physical world while prophecy deals with spiritual or supernatural concepts.

2. Can QM be used to explain or predict prophecies?

No, QM cannot be used to explain or predict prophecies. As mentioned before, QM deals with the physical world, while prophecies involve spiritual or supernatural concepts that are outside the realm of science. QM is a well-established theory that has been extensively tested and validated through experiments, but prophecies do not have the same level of scientific evidence and cannot be studied using the principles of QM.

3. Can prophecies be considered a violation of QM?

No, prophecies cannot be considered a violation of QM. QM is a set of mathematical principles that describe the behavior of matter and energy, and it does not make any statements about the existence or validity of prophecies. The two concepts are not related and do not contradict each other.

4. Is there any scientific evidence that supports the existence of prophecies?

No, there is currently no scientific evidence that supports the existence of prophecies. While there have been claims of prophecies coming true, they are often based on subjective interpretations and cannot be tested or validated using scientific methods. Science relies on empirical evidence and the scientific method, and prophecies do not fall under these criteria.

5. Can science and religion coexist when it comes to prophecies and QM?

Yes, science and religion can coexist when it comes to prophecies and QM. Science and religion are two different ways of understanding and interpreting the world, and they do not have to contradict each other. While QM is a scientific theory that explains the behavior of matter and energy, prophecies are a matter of faith and belief. Many scientists and religious individuals are able to reconcile these two perspectives and see them as complementary rather than conflicting.