Does space-time differ for ionized fuel at near-light speed in a magnetic field?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 4K views
Nonametheone
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Summary: Can a particle accelerator accelerate gaseous fuel?

Does space-time differ for detonating ionized fuel moving near the speed of light within a magnetic field such as a particle accelerator?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The answers to all three questions (the one in the title and the two in the post) are “no”.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: weirdoguy, Vanadium 50, Nonametheone and 1 other person
Nugatory said:
The answers to all three questions (the one in the title and the two in the post) are “no”.
Should I delete this question?
 
Yes but I still think virtual particles can have linear motion without a receiver. I will read more of it soon. I still have yet to learn equations.
 
Nonametheone said:
Yes but I still think virtual particles can have linear motion without a receiver. I will read more of it soon. I still have yet to learn equations.
Virtual particles don't move. They're bookkeeping devices for certain calculations which mathematically (!) look like particles in certain ways.
 
haushofer said:
Virtual particles don't move. They're bookkeeping devices for certain calculations which mathematically (!) look like particles in certain ways.
Then what are the particles that a magnet emits?
 
weirdoguy said:
There is no particles that magnet emits.
So what is a magnet emitting?
 
Last edited:
Nothing. Magnetic or electromagnetic field is just there, it's not emitted in the form of particles.
 
Nonametheone said:
Summary: Can a magnetic field be directed like a laser to create a fine path to travel upon?

Summary: Can a magnetic field be directed like or with in laser or beam to create a fine path to travel upon?

Does space time differ for matter with magnetic properties moving within a magnetic field in a particle accelerator?
Magnetic field can't be directed as a path, field created will be around the magnetic material.