Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Doggy Dog world

1. Apr 10, 2008 #1
    HAHAHAhh wellll, I guess we wont be trying THAT again now will we sparky???

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 10, 2008 #2
    I thought it was "Dog eat dog world".

Anyway, it's much better in *.gif form, since you can get lost in it like a trance.

4. Apr 10, 2008 #3
    I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing that.
  5. Apr 10, 2008 #4
    I feel bad for the poor dog. That musta hurt, but they weren't going that fast. Its just funny because he said hey look another dog. I think Ill give it my all and jump as far as I possibly can and belly flop right into the ground. :rofl:

You have to wonder, whats that dog thinking when he decided to give it the old college try?
  6. Apr 10, 2008 #5
    Well, ya know, he was just being a dog.

Don't take it personally but I'd rather see a disclaimer attached to videos like this. I know stuff happens but I'd rather choose to watch based on content rather than title when the potential for serious injury is involved.

Far Star
  7. Apr 10, 2008 #6

Staff: Mentor

For skinny, pot smoking old rappers, it's a doggy dog world.
  8. Apr 10, 2008 #7

Staff: Mentor

Clearly, not very much.
  9. Apr 10, 2008 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And this is a perfect example of why you shouldn't have your dog loose in the car with the windows wide open, or riding in the back of a pick-up truck. They now have harnesses that can attach to seatbelts so your dog is seatbelted into the vehicle. It avoids them distracting the driver too...believe me, if your dog is crawling across your lap trying to lick you, you're not paying as much attention to the road as you should be (and if your girlfriend is doing it, PULL OVER :biggrin:). Or, you can keep them in a travel crate (dog, not girlfriend). Or, at the VERY LEAST, keep the windows rolled up far enough that the dog can't fit through when s/he sees something s/he wants to chase!
  10. Apr 10, 2008 #9
    And if you drink, don't park. Accidents cause people.
  11. Apr 10, 2008 #10

Gold Member

At least it's a good demonstration of angular momentum conservation.
  12. Apr 10, 2008 #11

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's almost like Romeo and Juliet.

Except Juliet was probably a lot more attractive before she did a face plant on the asphalt.

I wonder how the story ends.
  13. Apr 10, 2008 #12
    It looks like the second dog (eventually) decides to turn around and find out if the first one's ok, after jumping over him/her.
  14. Apr 10, 2008 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

15. Apr 10, 2008 #14

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Unfortunately, he only slows down and probably doesn't do a thorough check of her health. I'm afraid he'll assume she's dead and respond by running under a car tire.

And to think, at the beginning of the clip his face was so happy and full of hope.
  16. Apr 10, 2008 #15
    tuck and roll

ps--I'm glad that there wasn't a sign post right there
  17. Apr 10, 2008 #16
  18. Apr 10, 2008 #17
    My grandfather, who farmed, told me about this 'prize bull', that supposedly cost a mint, that one of his friends bought---grand champion something or another, ----it was bought, of course, for breeding---on the very first day the new 'prize bull' was put in the field to 'service'------in the 'act' of servicing, the bull's belly ripped open from the pressure of the position that it was in.
  19. Apr 10, 2008 #18
    That is horrible.
  20. Apr 10, 2008 #19
    It seemed to have came out the wrong hole.
    wtf? No offense, but I don't think a grandfather could pick a creepier story to tell his grandson haha.
  21. Apr 10, 2008 #20
    If you don't have any relatives who raised farm animals, or can't see that he was 'warning' of the inherent dangers of what it does take, or happens, in that type of business--I can see where you may say that. It's not the type of story that 'city' raised children would normally hear, if that's what you mean.

Maybe a similar 'city' type of story would be buying a nice car and finding out it was a 'lemon'.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?