Dreaming of a more science filled life

• Thread starter Tzarina
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, dreaming of a more science-filled life means yearning for a deeper understanding and appreciation of the world through scientific exploration and discovery. It involves a desire to learn and apply scientific principles and methods in everyday life, and to be constantly curious and open-minded about the wonders of the universe. This dream may be fueled by a passion for science and a belief in its ability to improve and shape our lives for the better. It also involves actively seeking out opportunities to engage with science, whether through education, career, or personal interests. Ultimately, dreaming of a more science-filled life is a reflection of the human desire to constantly seek knowledge and understanding of our surroundings.
Tzarina
New person on the forum :)
I'm currently trying to do the impossible and go back to university to study physics (impossible as I already have a degree in a different area) here's hoping anyone can give me advice or show me where to learn the basics of physics and mathematics :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. Why impossible? Hardly sounds impossible to me.

If you've already got one degree you need to fully fund a second degree. Unfortunately I can barely live paycheck to paycheck so it feels impossible :(
The ideal degree is physics with astrophysics but I'd take just a physics degree :/

Tzarina said:
If you've already got one degree you need to fully fund a second degree.
Ah. I see. That did not occur to me since I had to fully fund my first degree.

In all fairness I only got my first degree because it had a bursary :(

How did you manage to fully fund you first degree actually?

Tzarina said:
How did you manage to fully fund you first degree actually?
Borrowed money and worked part time.

1. What inspired you to pursue a career in science?

Growing up, I was always fascinated by the natural world and how things worked. I loved conducting experiments and asking questions. As I got older, I realized that I wanted to continue exploring and making discoveries, which led me to pursue a career in science.

2. What do you think is the most exciting part about being a scientist?

For me, the most exciting part about being a scientist is the constant opportunity to learn and discover new things. Science is a field that is constantly evolving and there is always something new to explore and understand. It's incredibly rewarding to be a part of that process.

3. What advice do you have for someone who wants to incorporate more science into their daily life?

My advice would be to start small and focus on something that interests you. It could be reading scientific articles, conducting simple experiments at home, or joining a local science club or organization. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and seek out new knowledge.

4. How do you stay motivated and inspired in your scientific work?

One of the ways I stay motivated is by setting goals for myself and celebrating small victories along the way. I also surround myself with other passionate scientists and constantly seek out new challenges and opportunities. Additionally, taking breaks and engaging in activities outside of science helps me stay refreshed and inspired.

5. What do you think is the biggest misconception about scientists?

One of the biggest misconceptions about scientists is that we are all introverted and work alone in a lab. In reality, science is a collaborative field and requires teamwork and communication. Also, scientists come from diverse backgrounds and have a range of interests and hobbies outside of their work.