What is the missing number in this mathematical puzzle? 423=?

• MHB
  • Thread starter LightningGirl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Puzzle
In summary, an "EASY Mathmatical Puzzle" is a type of puzzle that involves using basic math skills to solve a problem or equation. They are considered relatively easy compared to other types of math puzzles and can be found in various places such as puzzle books, online puzzle websites, and mobile apps. These puzzles can improve critical thinking, problem-solving, and math skills and can be a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain. Common math skills needed to solve these puzzles include basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and logic, as well as knowledge of specific mathematical concepts.
LightningGirl
398=964
118=164
356=936
423=?

What does 423 equal?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
[sp]169[/sp]

LightningGirl said:
398=964
118=164
356=936
423=?

What does 423 equal?

Hey LightningGirl! Welcome to MHB! ;)

Can you give me a hint? (Sweating)

I like Serena said:
Hey LightningGirl! Welcome to MHB! ;)

Can you give me a hint? (Sweating)

First digit and last digit squared then put together.
I checked greg's solution and seems like it's also what he thought.

1. What is an "EASY Mathmatical Puzzle"?

An "EASY Mathmatical Puzzle" is a type of puzzle that involves using basic math skills to solve a problem or equation. These puzzles often require critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. How difficult are "EASY Mathmatical Puzzles"?

As the name suggests, "EASY Mathmatical Puzzles" are generally considered to be relatively easy compared to other types of math puzzles. They are designed to be accessible for all ages and skill levels.

3. What types of math skills are needed to solve an "EASY Mathmatical Puzzle"?

Some common math skills needed to solve an "EASY Mathmatical Puzzle" include basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and logic. Some puzzles may also require knowledge of specific mathematical concepts, such as fractions or percentages.

4. Are there any benefits to solving "EASY Mathmatical Puzzles"?

Yes, there are many benefits to solving "EASY Mathmatical Puzzles." These puzzles can help improve critical thinking, problem-solving, and math skills. They can also be a fun and engaging way to exercise the brain.

5. Where can I find "EASY Mathmatical Puzzles" to solve?

"EASY Mathmatical Puzzles" can be found in various places, such as puzzle books, online puzzle websites, and even some mobile apps. You can also create your own puzzles using basic math skills and challenge your friends and family to solve them.