1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prob/Stats Easy text on conditional probability and Bayes theory

1. Mar 14, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I am teaching a machine learning course and the students have very poor knowledge about conditional probability, Bayes rule etc. Most students have done their undergraduates years ago and I guess their educational background has not been that good. Last lecture was on Naive Bayes classification method and some students were complaining that they understand almost nothing!

Could you please suggest some "really easy" text on conditional probabilities, Bayes rule etc.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 15, 2015 #2
    Greetings,
    Not so sure if going easy is what helps most....
    Anyways I hope I helped.
    Semi-dummies Guide no offense.
    Literally for dummies.
    Do you want a video?! My god...Don't be so Science loving and give nothing in return..I would appreciate liking what I gather up for you, thanks. (not begging just being scientifically greedy)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  4. Mar 15, 2015 #3
    Thank you very much. It is very much appreciated. I hope it helps them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted