Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Edit post buttons are funky

1. Jun 11, 2008 #1

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

When I edit a post, the "save" button sometimes turns into "vote now". Clicking on this "vote now" button submits the changes but also gives a database error message. If I edit that same post a second time, the "go advanced" button also becomes "vote now" (I have two vote now buttons). On a third edit, the "delete" button also becomes "vote now". The problem seems to be associated with posts with erroneous LaTeX, but that might just be appearance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2009 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

vote now!

Hi D H! :smile:

I've only just noticed that …

I usually open the edit page in a new tab, but just now I opened one in the same tab, and got a "vote now" button just as you did.

I tried it on another thread, and found the same. But when I pressed cancel, and then pressed edit again, everything returned to normal. :biggrin:

EDIT: hmm … only got boring old save this time. :redface:

EDIT: and this time. :frown:

EDIT: oooh … I give up! :cry:

4. Jul 5, 2009 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

How bizarre! When I click the edit button on both of your posts, I get weird options; like vote now, two buttons that say cancel etc..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?