Effect of Reactor on Person in 22 kVA Magnetic Field

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sindhutammu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Reactor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Sindhutammu
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
What would happen if a person come across magnetic field produced 22 kva reactor.? I thought probably nothing will happen. Is it correct or not?? If Yes, Will you have any supportive ans for my question?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
The KVA of the reactor does not really define the magnetic field strength. However there are application when people are routinely exposed to VERY high magnetic fields (MRI Imaging is a good example) and no adverse effects.

I did have my credit card magnetic strips erased - they were in my wallet - and I am completely nor..., wait bad example.
 
If it's iron core the magnetic flux stays almost completely in the iron.
Air core , well it spreads out into surrounding volume.
I worked next to a huge air core inductor for hours. The only effect I noticed is it rotated the display on my CRT oscilloscope.
I can't remember the exact flux - but places in that power plant I could measure 2 volts AC 60 hz with my "Flux Detector", which was just a ten turn coil with area 1/10 square meter . Flux is easy enough to calculate from that.
Next time i'd make it 1/3.77 square meters (or 1/pi for 50 hz).
 
Last edited:
jim hardy said:
I worked next to a huge air core inductor for hours. The only effect I noticed is it rotated the display on my CRT oscilloscope.
Was that the scope at home after work? :biggrin:
 
The 'scope recovered as soon as it was out of the area.

But - hmmm ... it wasn't long after that I met my wife, Fair Anne . She said I seemed somehow magnetic...
:-p
 
jim hardy said:
The 'scope recovered as soon as it was out of the area.

But - hmmm ... it wasn't long after that I met my wife, Fair Anne . She said I seemed somehow magnetic...
:-p

:smile: You do have a magnetic personality. And I like it too. :approve: