Electrical applications for nano particles

In summary, the researcher is trying to find an electrical application for metal-oxide nanoparticles, but is having difficulty finding information about them. He asks a classmate for help, but the classmate is also having difficulty finding information.
angel 42
Hi there, I'm working on a mini research about electrical applications for nano particles, since no books are available on this (in my city). I tried the net but I was confused of the much information about nanotechnology.
If anyone can find a link for an article (for free:blushing:) or any thing useful to my research pls help thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of nanoparticles? AFAIK the term is usually used for the type of particles used in e.g. sunblock.I can't really think of an electrial application for such particles.

Or are you thinking of things like carbon nanotubes and fullerenes?

nano particle in general nothing specified, any electrical app of nano particles will do.

Yes, but again. The word is nowadays almost exclusivly used for various powders (usually metal-oxides).
A few years ago the word was sometimes used for e.g. C60 as well but I haven't seen the term used in that context in a long while. So if you have been reading more recent material this is presumably NOT what you are referring to.
So, I still don't know what you mean.

That what confuses me too. I've been asked to do this research a while ago and still not finished with it; I thought of numbering the nano particles to its types such as carbon nano tubes, then telling the electrical app of each one of them. If you can help me telling its types and the elect app of each one – I mean giving me a link to a website or so that describe them as I pointed above- I'll be thankful to you.

angel 42 said:
That what confuses me too. I've been asked to do this research a while ago and still not finished with it; I thought of numbering the nano particles to its types such as carbon nano tubes, then telling the electrical app of each one of them. If you can help me telling its types and the elect app of each one – I mean giving me a link to a website or so that describe them as I pointed above- I'll be thankful to you.

I don't think nanotubes can be considered to be nanoparticles, they are only "nano" when it comes to the diameter and can be quite long.
I would suggest you go back to whoever asked you to do this and ask him/her to be more specific. I could be that the question IS about powders and that there is an electrical application of e.g. metal-oxide nanoparticles that I don't know about.

I think that too, cause it took me time tring to figure this out and still done nothing, If you don't mind asking this what about the metal-oxide nanoparticles elec-app do you know a link for that (( you look like you know so much about it I guess))

anyhow thanks.

What are nano particles and how are they used in electrical applications?

Nano particles are tiny particles with dimensions on the nanometer scale. In electrical applications, they are used as conductive materials, insulators, and semiconductors. They can also be used to enhance the strength and properties of materials.

What are the advantages of using nano particles in electrical applications?

The use of nano particles in electrical applications has several advantages, including improved electrical conductivity, increased surface area, and improved mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties. They also allow for miniaturization of devices and can be more cost-effective than traditional materials.

What are some examples of electrical applications for nano particles?

Some examples of electrical applications for nano particles include transistors, solar cells, batteries, and sensors. They are also used in the production of conductive inks, coatings, and films for electronic devices.

What challenges are associated with using nano particles in electrical applications?

One of the main challenges is controlling the size, shape, and distribution of the particles to ensure consistent properties. There may also be concerns about the potential toxicity of certain types of nano particles. Additionally, the integration of nano particles into existing manufacturing processes can be complex and require specialized equipment.

What is the future outlook for the use of nano particles in electrical applications?

The use of nano particles in electrical applications is expected to continue to grow in the future. Advancements in nanotechnology and materials science are opening up new possibilities for their use, such as in quantum computing and energy storage. However, ongoing research is needed to address safety and environmental concerns and optimize their performance in various applications.