Electrical tester to record pulses?

• Thread starter Russg123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electrical
In summary: This is something you will need to specifically state in your post to get good help.Thanks for your response, but actually that part of my post is not really needed to understand what I'm after, but now I think about it I could have added better information, so, sorry for not being clearer.Basically, I want to find a tester that can record 2 or more pulses in a control circuit to and from a PLC (24VDC), and be able to analyse the data in some kind of graph / table form.
Russg123
Hi, I'm Russell and new to the forum. By the looks of things there are lots of interesting topics and plenty of helpful people here, so I hope you can help me.

I'm having a problem with the communication between a bagging machine and weigher. The pulse signal from the PLC that tells the weigher to drop is sometimes drifting. I'm looking to buy some kind of electrical tester that can record pulses over a long time and be analysed easily. I'm thinking some kind of portable oscilloscope could do the job, but unsure which one to pick, and realize some can be very expensive.

Edit: Just to be clearer, I want to record a 24VDC signal/pulse over an hour or more and would like to view the data through some kind of graph or table.

Thanks,

Russell

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello Russ - sorry but "that tells the weigher to drop is sometimes drifting" I really can not understand.

You will need to provide more specific info to get good support here.

Windadct said:
Hello Russ - sorry but "that tells the weigher to drop is sometimes drifting" I really can not understand.

You will need to provide more specific info to get good support here.

Thanks for the response, but actually that part of my post is not really needed to understand what I'm after, but now I think about it I could have added better information, so, sorry for not being clearer.

Basically, I want to find a tester that can record 2 or more pulses in a control circuit to and from a PLC (24VDC), and be able to analyse the data in some kind of graph / table form.

I hope that's easier to understand

Last edited:
Logic analyzer?

Do a search on data loggers. You may be able to find what you need at reasonable cost.

Here are some of the manufacturer’s interface products:
http://www.astro-med.com/data_acquisition_systems/accessories [Broken]

Normally a company like this has sales engineers ready and willing to communicate with you about your technical requirements, and, of course, sell you whatever you need.

May I suggest you not limit yourself to just one supplier/source? I would search out several options, then choose one that suits your needs best.

Cheers,
Bobbywhy

Last edited by a moderator:

What is an electrical tester to record pulses?

An electrical tester to record pulses is a device used by scientists to measure and record the electrical pulses or signals in a circuit or system. It is used to analyze and troubleshoot electrical circuits and equipment.

What are the components of an electrical tester to record pulses?

The main components of an electrical tester to record pulses include a sensor or probe, signal amplifier, data acquisition system, and a display or recording unit. Some advanced models may also have additional features such as software for data analysis and storage.

How does an electrical tester to record pulses work?

The sensor or probe of an electrical tester detects the electrical pulses in a circuit or system, which are then amplified by the signal amplifier. The data acquisition system then converts the analog signals into digital data, which can be displayed or recorded by the display unit. This allows scientists to analyze the characteristics and patterns of the electrical pulses.

What are the applications of an electrical tester to record pulses?

An electrical tester to record pulses is commonly used in various fields of science, such as electronics, physics, and engineering. It is used to measure and analyze the performance of electronic circuits, study the behavior of biological signals, and test the reliability of electronic components and devices.

What should I consider when choosing an electrical tester to record pulses?

When choosing an electrical tester to record pulses, consider the measurement range and accuracy, the types of signals it can detect, and any additional features such as data storage and analysis software. It is also important to choose a reputable brand and ensure the device is properly calibrated for accurate results.