Electromagnetic waves and helicopters

In summary, the conversation discussed two questions. The first question was about how electromagnetic waves transfer information, specifically in the context of a radio. The answer mentioned using a carrier wave and a modulator to manipulate the wave and transmit it through an antenna. The second question was about the physical and mathematical contexts needed for designing an airplane or helicopter. The answer mentioned the complexity of aerodynamics and suggested reading a textbook. The conversation also mentioned difficulties in finding resources in the person's country, both in bookstores and online.
ShayanJ
Insights Author
Gold Member
Hi
I have two questions
1-How electromagnetic waves transfer information?
2-Could you give me the physical and mathematical contexts that are needed to make a helicopter or an airplane?
thanks a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
1- the main thing is that you have a carrier wave, which is just for e.g. a sine wave. Then with a device called a modulator, you manipulate the carrier wave, with this you will get small wavelets on the carrier wave. The two parameters you can manipulate are the amplitude (AM) or frequency (FM)(i am talking about the radio now). You can transmit this using an antenna. The reciever has a demodulator in it, which rips the information, the wavelets, off the carrier wave, and you are done...

2-Its very hard to design a flyable, airplane or helicopter. You have to make extensive calculations using the not so simple equations of aerodynamics. I suggest you read some aerodynamics textbook...

In the future, if you want to ask two completely unrelated questions, please feel free to start two separate threads about them. :smile:

Hey I searched the internet a lot for a good ebook but i got no result.
And forget about books because my country has really ******** book stores.
And The same goes for my country's internet so please don't introduce online sources.
thanks alot

What are electromagnetic waves?

Electromagnetic waves are a type of energy that consists of oscillating electric and magnetic fields. These waves are produced when an electric charge is accelerated.

How do electromagnetic waves interact with helicopters?

Electromagnetic waves can affect helicopters in a few different ways. They can be used for communication and navigation systems, such as radio and radar. However, they can also interfere with the helicopter's equipment, causing disruptions or malfunctions.

Do helicopters emit electromagnetic waves?

Yes, helicopters emit electromagnetic waves in the form of radio signals and heat radiation. These emissions are necessary for communication and navigation, but can also be a source of interference for other electronic devices.

Can electromagnetic waves be harmful to helicopter pilots?

In general, the electromagnetic waves emitted by helicopters are not harmful to pilots. However, prolonged exposure to high levels of electromagnetic radiation can potentially cause health problems, so it is important for pilots to limit their exposure.

How can helicopters be protected from electromagnetic interference?

Helicopters can be protected from electromagnetic interference by using shielding materials and grounding techniques. Additionally, proper maintenance and careful placement of electronic equipment can also help reduce the risk of interference.