1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Electronic engineering technology and signal processing

1. Oct 4, 2011 #1
    hello im in the final year of my electronics engineering technology program and ive really developed an interest in subjects such as analog and digital signal processing, filters, amplifiers, etc.

are there jobs in these areas for people at my level? ive been doing some job searching and it seems that they all require some sort of degree in electrical engineering. im only in a diploma program and if i could afford doing a longer degree program, i would. but what subjects would i be missing? i guess i could probably learn these on my own from books too

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 5, 2011 #2
    For starters, does your diploma cover any calculus?

4. Oct 7, 2011 #3
    We have had two calculus courses, the first covering the basics of differentiation and integration, and second course is on applied calculus to simple circuits, using laplace transforms and fourier series.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook