1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electronically controlled polarization of a glass

  1. Jan 14, 2013 #1
    Hi there,

    I wonder if anyone heard or read anything about glass where one can control its polarization electronically. Or such that you can switch polarization on and off. Tried to google but all it gives references to polarized glass. Maybe I am using wrong term for such thing?

    Thanks in advance,
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2013 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Welcome to the PF.

    Use the search term "liquid crystal", or you can just look it up on wikipedia. That's the technology used in liquid crystal displays (LCDs).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Electronically controlled polarization of a glass
  1. Metallic glass (Replies: 0)

  2. Metallic glass (Replies: 1)

  3. Control System (Replies: 5)