Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electroweak Breaking MSSM- D-term pot. question

1. May 18, 2014 #1

ChrisVer

Gold Member

Looking at the attachment, I see that the scalar potential coming from the D-term of the Higgs sector is given as shown in (8.14b).
    However shouldn't there also be a field ξ as in Fayet-Iliopoulos model?
    [itex] V_{D}= \frac{1}{2} |ξ+ g \phi^{*} \phi|^{2}[/itex]
    Is there a reason I don't see, that allows us to set ξ=0?
    Also here:
    http://staff.science.uva.nl/~jdeboer/education/projects/projects/mscthesis.pdf
    page 34 as you scroll down, equation 1.4.12 (or even under 1.4.10) the D term for the potential are given differently...

Also a second question, the chiral Higgs scalar sfields as denoted in the attachment... what happens to the [itex]V[/itex] vector sfield in [itex] S^{\dagger} e^{V} S=S^{\dagger} e^{\frac{1}{2}g_{2}T^{a}V^{a}-2i \theta \sigma^{\mu} \bar{\theta} \partial_{\mu}} S |_{Left}[/itex]?

(the attachment is from Howard Baer, Xerxes Tata- Weak scale Supersymmetry (2006), chapter 8.2)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 16, 2014 #2
    I'm sorry you are not finding help at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook