Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Eminem being watched by FBI

1. Dec 9, 2003 #1
    Are things going to far.

I just read in the newspaper that Eminem wrote this song saying something like (not sure if the lyrics are 100% right so forgive me!)

"I don't care about dead presidents, I'd rather see the president dead."

Of course, he's referring to not rapping for money.

Apparently the FBI on on his case for being unpatriotic.

Not that I like Eminem or anything (I really think he's not that grand and too monotonous but that's just a personal gripe).Too me, this censorship thing has gone a bit too far.
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2003 #2
    Just want to make a (possibly pedantic) point...

This is not censorship.
  4. Dec 9, 2003 #3
    do you have a link?
  5. Dec 9, 2003 #4
    I've read something about this...who knows? I do know that Bush and Ashcroft are the sort of people who are incapable of seeing something like this as anything but a threat.
  6. Dec 9, 2003 #5
    I find it absurd that the government will investigate eminem for that. I don't think this news is true or it would've been all over now. Do you have a link to the original news article.
  7. Dec 9, 2003 #6

Well, here's the archived story link from Drudge

linky But, I just have to say..that it's been policy to interview and investigate any threats...even those like this for as long as I can remember. At least back to Ford, and perhaps even back as far as Kennedy or further.
  8. Dec 9, 2003 #7
    If you were to say that sort of thing publicly (or sing it), and maybe get lots of youngsters to repeatedly chant it as they walked about like brainwashed zombies, you should expect to raise a few eyebrows. It seems silly to expect that the FBI is going to be able to uncover a sinister plot behind any of this (could this guy actually be more than an orifice?), so what really does the FBI hope to accomplish?
    Authority doesn’t like to be made fun of. I think all that will really come from it is to frighten others from speaking similar things in the future.
  9. Dec 9, 2003 #8
    So the FBI is watching Eminem. Yay. At last he has an audience.
  10. Dec 9, 2003 #9
    The FBI will no doubt purchase some of his albuns, listen to them forward and in reverse, and perhaps begin chanting like brainwashed zombies.
  11. Dec 9, 2003 #10
    Thanks for the link. Eminem's talented but he's also an arrogant, pompous prick.
    In a weird way, I feel good that he's being questioned.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  12. Dec 10, 2003 #11
    They must have exhausted all other leads & jailed all the terrorists already to go after the white rapper.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?