Energy of beamed EM field that can heat human tissue

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
BuCDr3H4
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I only have a background in mathematics, and I lack knowledge on this matter.

I want to get quantitive value about that problem.

What would be the kind of wave or EM field that could heat human tissu of 1°C in (say a body part like the thigh), say in one hour, at a distance of 2m ?

We could assume that it is some kind of beamed field very narrow, say 40/60cm wide.

What frequencies ? What energy at emission and at reception are we talking about ? What about the cumulative energy (SAR ?) received ?

Assume now there is a wall in front the emission but a small wall. How much must be now the source emission to produce the same effect ?

And final question is what kind of device or industrial/professional equipment could provide that level of energy ? In what industries do you find that ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org