Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Energy: physical or not?

1. physical phenomenon

3 vote(s)
  2. non-physical phenomenon

1 vote(s)
  1. Nov 16, 2006 #1
    My knowledge about energy is very limited. I would like to find out other people's opinions about the phyical or non-physical attributes of energy.
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2006 #2
    It would be helpful if the voter could basically explain the reason behind their vote in this poll. There are only 2 choices and an explaination for the choice of the voter will help the participants understand the origins of the thinking behind the choice. This is a forum primarily focused on physics and I think its going to be really interesting to read some of the reasons for a person maintaining that energy is physical (or non-physical).

I voted that energy is physical but my reasons are probably not acceptable according to the science of physics. My reasoning is that energy is as physical as everything else we deem physical. It can be measured and doing so is dependent upon physical attributes. If it were not physical we would not be able to measure it or interact with it efficiently.
  4. Nov 16, 2006 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This thread is meaningless. nannoh, the philosophy forum is not a dumping ground for threads about pseudoscience and quakery, it's for threads about philosophy. Since this thread is obviously not about philosophy, it's been locked.

- Warren
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?