MATLab Training for Engineers | Find Courses Here

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter Akira
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineering
In summary,The author recommends that the reader learn Python instead of Matlab, as it is similar but has more options and is free. They also think that the London Metropolitan University is a good school and the job market is good after graduation.
Akira
Hello there,

I've graduated a few years ago with a degree in Civil Engineering and have been building on me experience in the field. I now intend to take some training courses on maths related topics, eg. MATLab. Could you recommend any institute that offers such training ?

Cheers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Akira said:
Hello there,
I've graduated a few years ago with a degree in Civil Engineering and have been building on me experience in the field. I now intend to take some training courses on maths related topics, eg. MATLab. Could you recommend any institute that offers such training ?
Cheers.
MATLAB is not a math related topic, it is a tool used to solve problems. I used it in thermodynamics, strength of materials, reactor physics, calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, physics. So you see you can solve a lot of different problems in a lot of different areas with MATLAB. Why not just purchase a license and learn it on your own? It's not that difficult and certainly doesn't require a degree in mathematics to learn. We use it a lot in engineering at my school in the upper level courses. After while professors don't care that you can do complicated linear algebra problems by hand, they are looking to see how resourceful and efficient you are. Of course you have to prove that the work is yours and explain why you did it a certain way but that's easy. Figuring out how to solve the problem is the difficult part

I see. Thank you for clearing that up. I took a closer look at it recently, you're right. Cheer man.

Akira said:
I see. Thank you for clearing that up. I took a closer look at it recently, you're right. Cheer man.
No problem man, I can recommend some books if you would like.

You should consider just learning python instead, it is very similar with more options and it is free. Much of the academic world has moved over to it instead of Matlab

caldweab said:
No problem man, I can recommend some books if you would like.

You've got me interested, what kinda books? :)

caldweab said:
You should consider just learning python instead, it is very similar with more options and it is free. Much of the academic world has moved over to it instead of Matlab

Wow, Python seems very powerful. Thank you for the tip. I already know C++ too so picking up Python shouldn't be too hard.

I got an offer from London Metropolitan University. What do you guys think of the school ? How about the job market after it ?

What is MATLAB and why is it useful for engineers?

MATLAB is a programming platform commonly used in engineering for numerical computation, data analysis, and visualization. It allows engineers to analyze complex data, develop algorithms, and create models to solve engineering problems efficiently.

What types of courses are available for MATLAB training for engineers?

There are a variety of courses available for MATLAB training, ranging from beginner level to advanced. Some courses may focus on specific applications of MATLAB, such as signal processing or control systems, while others provide a general overview of the platform.

Do I need any prior programming experience to take a MATLAB training course?

While prior programming experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to have any prior experience to take a MATLAB training course. Many courses are designed for beginners and provide step-by-step instruction on how to use the platform.

What are the benefits of taking a MATLAB training course?

Taking a MATLAB training course can provide engineers with a solid foundation in using the platform for data analysis and problem-solving. It can also help them develop new skills and techniques to improve their efficiency and productivity in their work.

Are there any online resources available for learning MATLAB?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning MATLAB, including tutorials, videos, and interactive courses. These resources can be accessed from anywhere, making it convenient for engineers to continue learning and practicing their skills.