EPQ Project: Build a Slingshot for 780g Projectile 100m Range

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter GingerKennett
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Slingshot
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
GingerKennett
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
For my epq project I decided to create a slingshot which would fire a 780g projectile 100m.
Then I looked up how to do the maths for it i.e the force needed, the tension in the rope etc. And I could find nothing. if anyone wants to help it would be appreciated: 780g projectile, 100m range and firing at angle of 45 degrees
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Ginger, :welcome:
There's something about the culture at PF that encourages folks to first make an effort to get under way :smile:
GingerKennett said:
Then I looked up how to do the maths for it i.e the force needed, the tension in the rope etc
It is difficult to find nothing when searching for such terms. Fortunately PF has a whole thread of formulas for you to look through. When done, you can post a thread with a more specific problem statement.
 
We'll give you one hint to get you started though... How fast must the projectile be moving at launch?

And with that hint, this thread is closed. As @BvU says, you can post a more specific problem statement when you have one.