Evaluating (ln^2) in Easy Math Problem: X=Xo*e^(ln^2/Td)*T | Answer: Xo=17

• Thread starter bmed90
  • Start date
In summary, the equation X = Xo*[e^(ln^2)/Td] * T can be evaluated by substituting X = 5e12, Td = 15, and T = 672. The solution for Xo is 17. However, there was confusion regarding the evaluation of ln^2, as it is not a defined function. After some clarification, it was determined that ln(2) should be used instead, resulting in the correct answer of 17 for Xo.
bmed90
So if

Equation: X=Xo*[e^(ln^2)/Td] * T

with

X = 5e12
Td = 15
T= 672

And the answer is Xo=17

My question: is how do I evaluate (ln^2) ??
Usually when I use the ln function to calculate something its like ln(5/2)^2 or something like that but here its just ln^2

what does this mean? How do you get 17 for Xo

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Wait ##\ln ^2##? That's not defined. Maybe it should be just ln(2)

I used ln(2) but that did not give me an answer of 17

Nvm I got. Thanks

I think it would have funny if you had posted some unproven conjecture and then moments later posted "nvm, got it."

Just a thought..

What is considered an easy math problem?

An easy math problem is one that can be solved using basic math operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. It typically involves small numbers and does not require any complex calculations or formulas.

What are some examples of easy math problems?

Examples of easy math problems include solving for the sum of two numbers, finding the difference between two numbers, calculating the area or perimeter of simple shapes, and converting units of measurement.

How do I approach solving an easy math problem?

The first step in solving an easy math problem is to carefully read and understand the problem. Then, identify the necessary operations and use the correct order of operations to solve the problem. Finally, check your answer to ensure it makes sense in the context of the problem.

What are some common mistakes people make when solving easy math problems?

Some common mistakes people make when solving easy math problems include forgetting to carry over in addition or subtraction, mixing up the order of operations, and misreading the problem. It is important to double check your work and be mindful of these potential errors.

What resources are available to help me with easy math problems?

There are many resources available to help with easy math problems, including online tutorials, practice worksheets, and math textbooks. You can also seek help from a teacher, tutor, or classmate if you are struggling with a particular problem or concept.