1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Exitance or excitance, radiant.

  1. excitance

    1 vote(s)
  2. exitance

    0 vote(s)
  1. Jan 12, 2010 #1
    The power per surface area as a result of diffuse reflection of incoming light, what is it called?
    The electrons are excited by the incoming light and when returning to their ground states they emit the light we perceive as diffuse reflected.
    Is it the "leaving" which become "exit", or is it the "excitation" which become "excit"?
    /Best wishes!

    Edit: Well, I suppose the correct one is "exitance", since that is what they use in my book about introductory optics. The word could then be explained as "leaving along a ray" or something similar, which is allright to me! :D
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted

Similar Discussions: Exitance or excitance, radiant.
  1. Radiant heat energy (Replies: 3)

  2. Percentage excitation (Replies: 1)