Expansion of nonregularized integral

In summary, the conversation discusses the expansion of the integral I_{\mu\nu} into two terms and how to calculate the first term to have a result of -g_{\mu\nu}i\pi^{2}/2. The calculation involves using the chain rule and manipulating the expression for the first term to obtain the desired result. The person asking the question is inexperienced with tensor calculations and is seeking help.
baranas
Can anyone help me with the expansion of the integral
[tex]I_{\mu\nu}=\int d^{4}l\frac{4l_{\mu}l_{\nu}-g_{\mu\nu}l^2}{(l^{2}-B+i\epsilon)^{3}}[/tex].
I would like to know how it could be expanded into two terms
[tex]I_{\mu\nu}=\frac{1}{2}\int d^{4}l\frac{\partial^2}{\partial l^\mu \partial l^\nu}\frac{1}{l^{2}-B+i\epsilon}-g_{\mu\nu}\int d^{4}l\frac{B}{(l^{2}-B+i\epsilon)^{3}}[/tex]-.
Another question is how can i calculate the first term to have result
[tex]-g_{\mu\nu}i\pi^{2}/2[/tex].
P.S. I am inexperienced with tensor calculations. I would be grateful for any help.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It is all just a chain rule :)
[tex]\frac{1}{2}\partial_{\mu}\partial_{\nu}\frac{1}{l^{2}-\triangle+i\epsilon}=\partial_{\mu}\left[\frac{-l_{\nu}}{\left[l^{2}-\triangle+i\epsilon\right]^{2}}\right][/tex]
[tex]=\left[-g_{\mu\nu}\frac{l^{2}-\triangle}{\left[l^{2}-\triangle+i\epsilon\right]^{3}}+\frac{4l_{\nu}l_{\mu}}{\left[l^{2}-\triangle+i\epsilon\right]^{3}}\right][/tex]

1. What is the expansion of a nonregularized integral?

The expansion of a nonregularized integral refers to the process of breaking down a complex integral into simpler components that can be evaluated using known mathematical methods.

2. Why is the expansion of nonregularized integrals important?

The expansion of nonregularized integrals is important because it allows us to solve complicated integrals that cannot be evaluated using standard techniques. This expansion helps us to understand the behavior and properties of the integral, and it also allows us to apply it in various real-world problems.

3. How is the expansion of nonregularized integrals different from regularized integrals?

The expansion of nonregularized integrals is different from regularized integrals in that it does not involve any additional techniques or modifications to the integral. Nonregularized integrals are evaluated as they are, while regularized integrals require additional steps to make them easier to solve.

4. What are some common methods used for expanding nonregularized integrals?

Some common methods used for expanding nonregularized integrals include partial fraction decomposition, substitution, and integration by parts. These techniques help to simplify the integral and make it easier to evaluate.

5. Are there any limitations to the expansion of nonregularized integrals?

Yes, there are limitations to the expansion of nonregularized integrals. Some integrals are inherently complex and cannot be fully expanded using known mathematical methods. In such cases, numerical methods may be used to approximate the integral's value.