Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One

In summary, "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" by Michael Faraday was published in 1839 and documents his groundbreaking experiments on electricity. It covers topics such as electrical induction, electrolysis, and the relationship between electricity and magnetism. Faraday's work had a significant impact on the field of electricity and helped pave the way for modern electrical technology.
Vinay080
Gold Member
I have already got Faraday's "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Volume 1", which consists of 14 series of experiments concentrated in only one book. But, I wanted to see the more concentrated books, i.e the books of each series, to understand the situation then in elementary way. And even I have heard that those volumes contain also the unsuccessful experiments; I searched in internet archieve for the first series but didn't get it (it is in the public domain), I wanted help here, for I am really in great need of it.

Is this public domain book not their in net for public?

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your interest in Faraday's "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Volume 1". I can understand your desire to delve deeper into the individual series of experiments and gain a better understanding of the situation at the time.

I suggest checking with your local library or university library, as they may have access to the individual series books. Additionally, you can also try reaching out to other scientists or researchers in the field of electricity to see if they have any copies or know where to find them.

As for the public domain book not being available online, it is possible that it may not have been digitized or uploaded yet. However, you can try contacting the internet archive directly to inquire about its availability. They may also be able to point you in the direction of other resources.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck in your search for the individual series books. Happy researching!

1. What is the purpose of "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One"?

The purpose of "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" is to document and share the results of Michael Faraday's experiments on electricity, which laid the foundation for modern electrical technology.

2. Who is the author of "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One"?

The author of "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" is Michael Faraday, a British scientist who made significant contributions to the fields of electromagnetism and electrochemistry.

3. When was "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" published?

"Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" was published in 1839, but Faraday's experiments took place over a period of several years leading up to the publication.

4. What topics are covered in "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One"?

"Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" covers topics such as electrical induction, electrolysis, and the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It also includes Faraday's famous experiments on electromagnetic rotation, which demonstrated the connection between electricity and motion.

5. How did "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" impact the field of electricity?

"Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One" had a significant impact on the field of electricity, as it provided a systematic and evidence-based understanding of electrical phenomena. Faraday's work helped pave the way for further advancements in electricity, including the development of electric motors, generators, and other important technologies.