1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Experimental Researches in Electricity: Series One

Tags:
  1. Dec 26, 2015 #1

Vinay080

Gold Member

I have already got Faraday's "Experimental Researches in Electricity: Volume 1", which consists of 14 series of experiments concentrated in only one book. But, I wanted to see the more concentrated books, i.e the books of each series, to understand the situation then in elementary way. And even I have heard that those volumes contain also the unsuccessful experiments; I searched in internet archieve for the first series but didn't get it (it is in the public domain), I wanted help here, for I am really in great need of it.

Is this public domain book not their in net for public?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Jan 1, 2016 #3

Vinay080

Gold Member

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to do experiments which Faraday had done. I have got his Exeperimpental Researches in Electricity, Volume 1. It contains 14 series of experiments (total series~28); listen to Faraday on what he says in the preface:
    I saw all the philosophical transactions papers in the internet archive. In the time of no response here, I observed that series one doesn't contain the name "series one", as the paper without name contains the content which the series one contains; the series one contains only ~3 pages. I found a "book" (96 pages) here with the name of series one: https://www.amazon.com/Faradays-Exp...ectrical+researches+in+electricity+series+ONE
    (I obtained the page number info from Green Lion Press Website, I doubt the book on whether it contains only series one for 96 pages)

In the introduction of first series in volume 1, he says:
    Faraday is noted to have presented everything, even the unsuccessful experiments, which Maxwell has appreciated. I am disappointed that in these volumes he has left some of the details. I want to know the source where I can get the complete descriptions of these experiments. Now, from observation in the time of no response, I sense philosophical transactions to be complete, but I am not sure.

I am posting this to mention my search until now on the problem, which "seems" to be resolved; but I will be happy if there is anything to add here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted