Exploring the Possibility of Acceptance

• Thread starter Rotan72
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Acceptance
In summary, the government is a great place to work if you are intelligent and willing to put in the effort, but it can be tough to get a promotion or increase in pay.
Rotan72
Hmm, that's a pretty neat idea isn't it?
Will they accept me ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the way I am thinking may only suit for jobs in FBI, CIA department.

I search their homepages but currrently no available positions in computer programming, sys admin, chemistry, biology

Last edited:
Well what do you do? You need to be able to do something to work for the FBI (i.e. forensic scientist, investigator) and hope you're needed.

My major is computer science, and sure I like a job as an investigator.

By the way, to be clearer, I am not a US citizen. Will this be the main reason for not being accepted ?

Thanks, i will think again, :biggrin:

Rotan72 said:
By the way, to be clearer, I am not a US citizen. Will this be the main reason for not being accepted ?

Yes, unfortunately, the FBI and 95% of all U.S.Government jobs require U.S. citizenship for employment (http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/EI9.asp" ).

For the kind of work you are interested in, you would also have to undergo an exhaustive background investigation in order to obtain a security clearance as well.

There are a few jobs out there (e.g. linguist, translator, etc.) open to foreign nationals with green cards. Certainly the entire intelligence community as well as the State Department are looking for people with foreign language ability. This is the main website for all federal jobs: http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/"

Hope this helps you out.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Working for government is not always benifitial..

Emieno said:
Working for government is not always benifitial..
One major benefit that I can see is job security. Assuming that you do your job competently, you can be pretty much assured that your "company" is not going to fall apart. Also, as far as I can tell, the benefits you receive are pretty good (especially by modern standards). On the other hand, there are idiots like George Deutsch who try to tell you what to do. Has anyone here worked for the government, and can tell us about their experiences?

Last edited:
Manchot said:
One major benefit that I can see is job security. Assuming that you do your job competently, you can be pretty much assured that your "company" is not going to fall apart. Also, as far as I can tell, the benefits you receive are pretty good (especially by modern standards). On the other hand, there are idiots like George Deutsch who try to tell you what to do. Has anyone here worked for the government, and can tell us about their experiences?

I have worked for several different government agencies and can say that the work environment is different in each one. Some are great, some not so great. Luckily, I've never had a George Deutsch to contend with, though, I must say that I'm not too fond of most political appointees these days.

The pay and benefits are pretty good, though, the government is not competitive when it comes to salary increases. For instance, if I were to receive an offer from a private company for, say, $15K more a year in salary, the government would be more-or-less unable to match that offer. Not necessarily unwilling, just unable. Its not impossible, but its very difficult.

The one thing that is most frustrating about the government from my perspective, is that it's virtually impossible to fire anyone unless they commit some sort of crime or ethical violation. Although the majority of government employees are hard-working, intelligent people, there is a fair amount of laziness and incompetence that would not be tolerated in a private company.

1. What is "Exploring the Possibility of Acceptance"?

"Exploring the Possibility of Acceptance" refers to the process of investigating and considering the likelihood of being accepted or included in a particular situation or group.

2. Why is exploring acceptance important?

Exploring acceptance is important because it allows individuals or groups to understand their chances of being accepted in a certain setting. It can help them make informed decisions and take appropriate actions to increase their chances of acceptance.

3. How can one explore acceptance?

One can explore acceptance by researching and gathering information about the situation or group they are interested in being accepted into. This may include understanding the requirements, expectations, and values of the group, as well as identifying any potential barriers to acceptance.

4. What are some factors that may impact acceptance?

Factors that may impact acceptance include individual characteristics such as personality, skills, and experiences, as well as external factors such as cultural norms, biases, and discrimination.

5. How can one increase their chances of acceptance?

To increase their chances of acceptance, individuals can work on improving their skills and qualifications, building positive relationships, and being open-minded and adaptable. It is also important to actively challenge biases and discrimination in ourselves and in the society we are trying to be accepted into.