Exporting 3D Plots in MATLAB: How Can I Save and View Them in a Webpage?

In summary, the conversation is about whether it is possible to save a 3D plot in Matlab in a way that it can be viewed outside of Matlab and rotated, possibly on a webpage. The only known way to do this is by using the Matlab Component Runtime, and the person asking the question will do more research on this suggestion.
BobbyBear
Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to save a 3D plot in Matlab (eg a "surf(x,y,z)" plot) so that it is viewable outside of Matlab and so that you can still rotate the view etc? And in particular, so it can be viewed in a webpage? Something like LiveGraphics3D?
I don't know much about these things so if someone has suggestion I'll do my research based on it.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
The only way that I know of doing this is using the Matlab Component Runtime. Other than that, I don't think there is any other way.

awwh :(
Thank you anyhow, I shall look into it xD

1. How do I export a 3D plot in MATLAB?

To export a 3D plot in MATLAB, you can use the "export_fig" function from the export_fig toolbox. This function allows you to save the figure in various formats such as PNG, JPEG, EPS, or PDF. You can also specify the resolution and size of the exported figure.

2. Can I export a 3D plot as an interactive file?

Yes, you can export a 3D plot as an interactive file using the "export_fig" function in MATLAB. This function allows you to save the figure as a HTML file with interactive features such as rotating and zooming in on the plot.

3. How can I adjust the quality of the exported 3D plot?

You can adjust the quality of the exported 3D plot by specifying the resolution and size in the "export_fig" function. Increasing the resolution will result in a higher quality image, but it may also increase the file size. You can also adjust the lighting, shading, and color of the plot before exporting to improve the overall quality.

4. Is it possible to export multiple 3D plots at once?

Yes, you can export multiple 3D plots at once by using the "print" function in MATLAB. This function allows you to specify the file format, resolution, and size for each individual plot. You can also use a loop to export multiple plots with different parameters.

5. Can I export a 3D plot with a transparent background?

Yes, you can export a 3D plot with a transparent background by setting the "BackgroundColor" property to 'none' before exporting. You can also specify a custom background color or image using the "BackgroundColor" property.