Extended Experimental Investigation.

In summary: No, I don't think so. I just wanted to show that I had the data and that I was looking for help. I don't know how to do the calculations and I don't know the units. In summary, Aaron is looking for help with a physics task that he has forgotten to measure his displacement. He has a graph and data for the average acceleration of the tape for each section. However, he is not sure on a few things about the task and is confused. If anyone could help him, that would be much appreciated.
The first average velocity is obtained by using the data points

[tex]0.1\ s,\ 2.0\ cm[/tex]

and

[tex]0.2\ s,\ 7.7\ cm[/tex]

giving

[tex]\bar{v} = \frac{7.7 - 2.0}{0.2 - 0.1} = 57\ cm/s[/tex]

This will be the average velocity in the middle of 0.1 and 0.2 seconds, that is at 0.15 seconds.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm getting confused again. I don't even remember/know why we're trying to work out 0.15 seconds. =S

Anyway, I've got to go to bed so i'll be back tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for helping. =)

The displacements of the trolley occurred at 0.1 and 0.2 seconds during the recording. This means that the calculated average velocity will be in the middle of this period, that is it will be the average velocity of the trolley at 0.15 seconds.

It is only 15:45 here in South Africa.

Ohh. I'm with you now. Yeah that would make sense seeing as I need to add the average velocity also. It was like 11pm when I went to bed. Big time different.

Does anyone know what the formula is for working out the velocity or displacement?