F=ma Exam: FAQ on International Administration for US Citizens

• Testing
  • Thread starter accioquote
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, the conversation is about the F=ma exam, which is the primary exam for the physics olympiad in the US. The person asking the question is a US citizen living abroad and is unsure if the exam is administered outside the US. They ask for clarification and if international schools conduct the exam. They are also looking for contact information to get more information about the exam.
accioquote
Hello,
I have a question regarding the F=ma exam. I am a US citizen living abroad for the past few years, and I was wondering if the exam is administered outside the US. I don't really fall under the needed category in my current country.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the "F=ma exam?"

Sorry 'bout that. I presumed it was the name for the primary exam for the physics olympiad in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong...

No, you're correct, most peopel call it the F=MA exam (people who know are interested in that kind of thing at least.) I don't know if it's admin outside the US of A, but I doubt it.

Oh damn. Thanks though! Does anyone else know for sure? Can I address queries like this on the AAPT website?

Anyone, please? Deadline's approaching, so I'm rather tense.
Do international schools conduct the exam?

They haven't responded after 5 days...AND it's the long weekend. Is there any other contact address?

Still no reply...do you think I should call them up?

1. What is the F=ma exam?

The F=ma exam is a physics exam that tests a student's understanding of Newton's Second Law, which states that the force acting on an object is equal to its mass multiplied by its acceleration.

2. What topics are typically covered on the F=ma exam?

The F=ma exam typically covers topics such as forces, motion, Newton's laws, work, energy, and power. It may also include questions related to vectors, momentum, and circular motion.

3. How can I prepare for the F=ma exam?

To prepare for the F=ma exam, it is important to review the fundamental concepts and equations related to forces and motion. Practice problems and past exams can also be helpful in familiarizing oneself with the types of questions that may be asked.

4. Is it necessary to have a strong math background to do well on the F=ma exam?

Having a strong math background can certainly be beneficial for the F=ma exam, as it involves solving equations and manipulating variables. However, with sufficient understanding of the concepts, it is possible to do well on the exam even without a strong math background.

5. Are there any resources available to help me prepare for the F=ma exam?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you prepare for the F=ma exam. These include textbooks, study guides, online practice problems, and tutoring services. Your teacher or professor may also be able to provide additional resources and guidance.