Farewell, Gary Gygax: A Jedi Leaves Us

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter CaptainQuasar
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like he failed his Saving Throw vs. Death.

That's why I keep telling people NOT to neglect their Constitution.
 
Memorial edition of http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0536.html" .
⚛​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As if anyone was in any doubt that I am a colossal nerd, I played just about every role playing game when I was a kid, from Basic: D&D to Runequest, to Paranoia, and Traveller. You name it I probably played it. I even bought the figures back when they only existed in speciality shops as a kid, Things That Go Bump in the Night was the company name (long since perished). Ah the memories, lining up skeleton hordes and having them fight to the death. Re-enacting the movie aliens as Corporal Hicks, in the quite obviously simillar RPG. Ah marvellous, wasn't it.

Shame, a great deal of time wasted in that man's Universe as youngen.
 
So long Gary Gygax, and thanks for all the good memories.
 
Schrödinger's Dog said:
Shame, a great deal of time wasted in that man's Universe as youngen.

In a large way, youth is about wasting time; that is one way you learn.
 
Okay, this one is good: http://xkcd.com/393/" .

And http://www.theonion.com/content/amvo/dungeons_amp_dragons_creator_dies" .
⚛​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
An amusing http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2008/03/09/opinion/09opart2.ready.html" from NY Times.
 
Last edited by a moderator: