Female taller than male partner?

• Thread starter ILEW
  • Start date
I have to say, by and large the best looking girls I have seen are not tall, but average height. Most tall girls have flat chests and asses.
Also what about the fact that taller girls tend to have a deeper voice as well, which is considered unattractive to the male.

I dont know about that. I've seen some short girls with throaty voices and I dont like it. Theres one lady on the news who sounds like she lost her voice every time she talks. I cant stand to hear her voice.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
LONDON (Reuters) - A British man has met and married a 22-year-old woman after, by his own account, dreaming of her phone number and then sending her a text message.

David Brown, 24, says he woke up one morning after a night out with friends with a telephone number constantly running through his head. He decided to contact it, sending a message saying "Did I meet you last night?."

Random recipient Michelle Kitson was confused and wary at first but decided to reply and the two began exchanging messages. Eventually they met and fell in love.

. . . .

After a long courtship, the oddly matched couple -- he's six foot seven inches tall and she's five foot four -- . . .
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070409/od_nm/britain_text_dc [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Would 10 centimeters qualify as "a few"? :tongue2:
Depends on how cute he is :tongue:

MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070409/od_nm/britain_text_dc [Broken]
well, british, go figure them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't dated taller girls so far (not easy to find them ... I'm ~ 6'3"=189cm).
But every time I see a couple where girl is taller than guy,It looks cute and cool to me.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
well, british, go figure them out.
Yeah, cos we're always sending random texts out and then hooking up with people as a result, only to find that there's a big height difference!

Depends on how cute he is :tongue:
Could you give some sort of definition for cute here?

Me. I am the definition.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Could you give some sort of definition for cute here?
I hope this isn't your attempt at flirting. :uhh:

Could you give some sort of definition for flirting here?

Attraction can be a subtle thing so I won't try to define it, but if given the choice between meeting two women that I'm already attracted to, one taller than me and the other shorter, I'd want to meet the taller one. There's something more exciting in that first face-to-face meeting with a taller woman. I don't know if it's that there's some unconscious perception that the taller woman is more of a challenge, or what. But there's definitely more spring in my step when approaching a tall woman for the first time.

I do think that tall women, generally speaking, are more elegant. And elegance happens to be very attractive to me.

Or maybe it's just the novelty of it.

Or maybe it's transference. Many years ago I fell for a woman who was about one inch taller than me. I can still remember being nose to nose with her for the first time and having to look UP into her eyes. Oh my, how divine is the dance of love!

No just wanting to know the opinions of females.

Could you give some sort of definition for flirting here?
I don't think one needs to give a definition of flirting more than one needs to give a definition of partner for example. But the word cute is different depending on the sex of the person.

Attraction can be a subtle thing so I won't try to define it, but if given the choice between meeting two women that I'm already attracted to, one taller than me and the other shorter, I'd want to meet the taller one. There's something more exciting in that first face-to-face meeting with a taller woman. I don't know if it's that there's some unconscious perception that the taller woman is more of a challenge, or what. But there's definitely more spring in my step when approaching a tall woman for the first time.

I do think that tall women, generally speaking, are more elegant. And elegance happens to be very attractive to me.

Or maybe it's just the novelty of it.

Or maybe it's transference. Many years ago I fell for a woman who was about one inch taller than me. I can still remember being nose to nose with her for the first time and having to look UP into her eyes. Oh my, how divine is the dance of love!
But how does the woman feel?

turbo
Gold Member
If the woman is self-confident, mature, and honest with herself, it will not matter to her if her mate/companion is taller or shorter. Most of my GFs from HS to college were taller than me because I am a short guy (a little over 5'6" now and was about 5'4" when I hit college). My best buddy my freshman year was a lovely 5'10" lady and we were inseparable. It never turned into a flaming earth-scorching relationship, but it certainly was serious enough that we would hug and kiss whenever we met on campus and neither she or I ever allowed anybody of the opposite sex to hit on us when we were together. Guys in my dorm would say really off-the-wall stuff about why she might want to spend all her free time with me. I'd tell them the truth (we shared interests and were comfortable with one another and respectful and supportive of one another) and they would ignore all that and concentrate on "scoring" with the babes. Idiots.

Last edited:
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I don't think one needs to give a definition of flirting more than one needs to give a definition of partner for example. But the word cute is different depending on the sex of the person.
Cute is a very subjective word.

Guys, I was being an ass. :wink:

[/sarcasm]

To be honest, I think my long-lost-love would have preferred a man taller than me, that is to say, taller than her, because her father was very tall. I'm 5'11" and she was (presumably still is) maybe a fraction over six feet. Her father was about 6'4" or 5".

To be honest, I think my long-lost-love would have preferred a man taller than me, that is to say, taller than her, because her father was very tall. I'm 5'11" and she was (presumably still is) maybe a fraction over six feet. Her father was about 6'4" or 5".
Why was she your lost love? Did she leave you for a taller man?

My first wife left me for a taller woman.

Why was she your lost love? Did she leave you for a taller man?
No, nothing like that. She moved north for school and I moved south for a new beginning. We kept in touch for awhile and then we didn't. Can't really explain it.

It kind of surprised me when I referred to her as long lost. Back then I figured she'd fade into the past like everything and one else. Sometimes only the passing of years can reveal the influence that someone truly has had on our lives, on who we have become. There remains a thread in my life, in my psyche that followed would lead straight back to her warm brown eyes.

Is that love? Or maybe appreciation, or gratitude? Perhaps just a more mature valuation of her soulful spirit.

mathwonk
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
how tall is 180 cm? haven't you ever been skiing? when they ask if you want "180's" that's what they mean.

how tall is 180 cm? haven't you ever been skiing? when they ask if you want "180's" that's what they mean.
What does this has got to do with anything?

Women you go skiing they ask you how tall of a man do you want to help you put your skiis on, duh.