Find Angle of 5kg Mass Suspended from Cord

  • Thread starter Thread starter lcp1992
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Angle Mass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lcp1992
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
b]1. Homework Statement [/b]
A 5kg mass is suspended from a cord. The mass is held as shown with a horizontal 23N force. Find the angle

Homework Equations


Fnet=ƩFi=0

The Attempt at a Solution


I am not sure about the right way to find the angle but the variables given are force and the mass should I use the weight to find the angle? Is this a obtuse triangle?
 
Attachments
  • DSC01466.jpg
    DSC01466.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 551
Physics news on Phys.org
The only thing my professor told me when I had difficulty with these types of problems was to use components. I would recommend drawing a picture or diagram with all the forces acting on the mass, that should make it easier to solve.