Find the coefficient of friction between the puck and the ice.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 11K views
quanitary
Messages
5
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A hockey puck leaves a player's stick with a speed of 9.90 m/s and slides 35.0 m before coming to rest.


Homework Equations



Find the coefficient of friction between the puck and the ice.


The Attempt at a Solution



I don't even know how to approach this problem
 
Physics news on Phys.org
First find the average acceleration that puck had when slowing down from 9.9 m/s to 0 over 35 meters. you can use v^2=v^2+2ad equation.
 
korican04 said:
First find the average acceleration that puck had when slowing down from 9.9 m/s to 0 over 35 meters. you can use v^2=v^2+2ad equation.

Ah, I see, so I had to divide accelration by gravity. Thanks!