Find the resistance at 50 degrees C given resistance at 0 C

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
prishila
Messages
36
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The resistance of a bobbinin 0 grades celsius is 3.35 ohm. What is its resistance in 50 grades celsius? thermal constant=0.0037

Homework Equations


R1=R0[1+alpha(t-t0)]

The Attempt at a Solution


Using this formula
R1=3.35[1+0.0037(50-0)]=3.35*1.185=3.96975, but the answer in my book is 4.06 ohm. Should I find the resistance in 20 grade celsius and then at 50 grades celsius?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
prishila said:

Homework Statement


The resistance of a bobbinin 0 grades celsius is 3.35 ohm. What is its resistance in 50 grades celsius? thermal constant=0.0037

Homework Equations


R1=R0[1+alpha(t-t0)]

The Attempt at a Solution


Using this formula
R1=3.35[1+0.0037(50-0)]=3.35*1.185=3.96975, but the answer in my book is 4.0 ohm. Should I find the resistance in 20 grade celsius and then at 50 grades celsius?
Your answer looks correct. If you round your answer to 2 significant figures, what answer do you get?
 
berkeman said:
Your answer looks correct. If you round your answer to 2 significant figures, what answer do you get?
Sorry I corrected it, the answer in my book is 4.06 ohm
 
prishila said:
Sorry I corrected it, the answer in my book is 4.06 ohm
Weird. I get the same answer as you do...