Find the Thevenin's Equivalence of a Circuit

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
haha1234
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
moved into homework foum so template headers are missing
I don't know how to find the thevenin's equivalence of a circuit.
In this question,it is required to find the thevenin's equivalence of the circuit.

Firstly,I found the Rth,and the Rth is 20ohm.

But I had difficulty in finding the Vth.
In the first step I redrew the circuit in the following way.
And I set a equation to find that.
4-Vth/10=0
And Vth is 40V.
So finally the current going through 5ohm resistant is 1.6.
But the current going though is 2.4 in fact.
Have I made any mistakes in my calculation?
Thanks
 
Attachments
  • 20151013_123321[1].jpg
    20151013_123321[1].jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 504
  • 未命名.png
    未命名.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 493
Physics news on Phys.org
haha1234 said:
I don't know how to find the thevenin's equivalence of a circuit.
In this question,it is required to find the thevenin's equivalence of the circuit.

Firstly,I found the Rth,and the Rth is 20ohm.

But I had difficulty in finding the Vth.
In the first step I redrew the circuit in the following way.
And I set a equation to find that.
4-Vth/10=0
And Vth is 40V.
So finally the current going through 5ohm resistant is 1.6.
But the current going though is 2.4 in fact.
Have I made any mistakes in my calculation?
Thanks
This is homework. You should have sent it to the Homework section.
Your solution (Thevenin parameters, current through the 5 ohm resistor)
is correct.
How did you get 2.4 A? It is wrong.