Find the value of Vx and power dissipated

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
FRZY
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I'm looking to find the value of Vx and power dissipated or provided by the dependent source.

dfkmkz.jpg

Homework Equations



I used KVL to get around the loop, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

The Attempt at a Solution



The main loop I get 10+3Va+10kI = 0.

No clue what to do next. I keep thinking left and right loop, but I already see 4 unknowns 3 equations. Unless I need a junction where I1=-I2. I just don't get it.
Please help, or get my on the right track.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org


Your equation looks okay. One equation, 2 unknowns. You need another one. Consider expressing VA in terms of the 10K resistor and I.