1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finding Frequency oscillation in Hz

1. Apr 11, 2014 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi there.. I would really love a but of help with this question. It seems like the simple sort but there is one step that I seem to be missing.. I need the answer in Hz so basically its this .. one over 2∏ times √ of inductance times Capacitence. So here is the prob I can not seem to reach the answer of 91.89hz
    Question
    1/(2∏*√L*C) L = 0.1 C = 0.0000.30

1/(6.283*√(0.1*0.000.30)

1/(0.01882475)

And this is all I got. I have tried many different ways to get there but not making it..If there is any one that could point me in the ( am sure very simple step )direction I would be very grateful. thanks very much.

This is Quite the norm sort of

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2014 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Hi Sandbeach! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

L and C have units. You need to get into the habit of aways including their units.

What is this number in words, please: 0.0000.30

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted