Finding Frequency oscillation in Hz

In summary, the conversation is discussing a question involving calculating the answer in Hz using the formula 1/(2∏*√L*C). The specific problem is not being able to reach the answer of 91.89hz, despite multiple attempts. The conversation also mentions the importance of including units when working with numbers.
Sandbeach

Homework Statement

Hi there.. I would really love a but of help with this question. It seems like the simple sort but there is one step that I seem to be missing.. I need the answer in Hz so basically its this .. one over 2∏ times √ of inductance times Capacitence. So here is the prob I can not seem to reach the answer of 91.89hz
Question
1/(2∏*√L*C) L = 0.1 C = 0.0000.30

1/(6.283*√(0.1*0.000.30)

1/(0.01882475)

And this is all I got. I have tried many different ways to get there but not making it..If there is anyone that could point me in the ( am sure very simple step )direction I would be very grateful. thanks very much.

This is Quite the norm sort of

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Sandbeach! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif [Broken]

L and C have units. You need to get into the habit of aways including their units.

What is this number in words, please: 0.0000.30

Last edited by a moderator:

What is frequency oscillation in Hz?

Frequency oscillation in Hz refers to the number of oscillations (cycles) that occur in one second. It is a measure of how many times a wave repeats itself within a specific time frame. The unit for frequency is hertz (Hz).

What is the relationship between frequency and wavelength?

Frequency and wavelength are inversely proportional to each other. This means that as the frequency increases, the wavelength decreases and vice versa. This relationship is described by the equation: c = λν, where c is the speed of light, λ is the wavelength, and ν is the frequency.

How is frequency measured?

Frequency is typically measured using a device called an oscilloscope, which displays the waveform of an oscillating signal. The frequency can be determined by counting the number of cycles that occur within a certain time interval. Alternatively, it can also be measured using a frequency counter.

What are some common examples of frequency oscillation in everyday life?

Some common examples of frequency oscillation include sound waves, radio waves, and light waves. In everyday life, we encounter frequency oscillation in the form of music, phone calls, and television signals, among others.

Why is it important to find the frequency oscillation in Hz?

Finding the frequency oscillation in Hz is important for a variety of applications, such as telecommunications, music production, and medical imaging. It allows us to understand the behavior of waves and how they interact with different materials, which can help us improve technology and solve real-world problems.