Firefly: The Worst Scifi Show To Ever Hit Airwaves?

• Thread starter cronxeh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Scifi
In summary, the conversation is about the scifi show "Firefly" and the opinions of the participants. One person dislikes the show and criticizes its characters, plot, dialogue, and production quality. Another person enjoys the show and mentions the creator's previous work. The group discusses the show's cancellation and eventual revival as a movie, with some expressing that it improved after the initial episodes. The conversation ends with someone recommending the movie, "Serenity," as a must-watch for fans of the show.
cronxeh
Gold Member
Scifi show "Firefly"

Ok unfortunately my computer TV started showing Firefly. Apparently bunch of underage nerds got together and voted and now I'm forced to watch this instead of something that remotely qualified to be scifi before it. Am I the only person who thinks this is by far the worst scifi show to ever hit the airways?? I mean aside from lame characters, no plot, the dialogues written by someone from the 4th grade, and the physics that arent even wrong.. the camera is shaking, there are horses running around and western style music playing. The lightning is horrendous and the mistakes are visible so blatantly and with the in-your-face attitude. I can't believe there are actually half decent actors in this series. What do you think about this show?

Physics news on Phys.org
One of my favorites of all times.

I've only seen the first two episodes and I wasn't hooked, but it didn't seem that bad. Joss Whedon made Buffy too, so I'm not too quick to judge his work :-p

I think it's pretty good. They more than likely resurrected it because the movie just recently came out. And there really are far far worse SciFi shows out there.

OK they got better after 9 episodes. But by golly, first 4 episodes made baby jebus cry.

Now watch the movie Serenity and it gets REALLY good

Related to Firefly: The Worst Scifi Show To Ever Hit Airwaves?

1. What makes "Firefly" considered the worst sci-fi show?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it is subjective. However, some reasons that have been cited include the show's cancellation after only one season, the lack of closure for plot lines and character development, and the show's mix of genres which may have made it difficult to market.

2. Was "Firefly" a commercial failure?

Again, this is a subjective question and depends on how one defines "failure." While the show only aired for one season, it has gained a cult following and has been praised for its unique storytelling and well-developed characters. Additionally, the show has spawned a movie and several comic book series, indicating that it still has a dedicated fan base.

3. Why did "Firefly" have such a dedicated fan base despite its cancellation?

The show's cancellation may have actually contributed to its dedicated fan base. The abrupt ending of the show left many fans wanting more, and the show's unique blend of genres and well-developed characters resonated with viewers. Additionally, the show's creator Joss Whedon has a devoted fan following from his previous works, which may have also contributed to the show's dedicated fan base.

4. Are there any redeeming qualities to "Firefly" despite its negative reception?

Yes, there are many aspects of "Firefly" that have been praised by fans and critics alike. The show's well-developed characters, unique blend of genres, and clever writing have all been praised. Additionally, the show has been credited with influencing other popular sci-fi shows such as "The Expanse" and "The Mandalorian."

5. Is "Firefly" worth watching despite its reputation?

Ultimately, this is a decision that each individual must make for themselves. While the show may not appeal to everyone, it has gained a dedicated fan base and has been praised for its unique storytelling and well-developed characters. It may be worth giving the show a chance to see if it resonates with you.

Back