Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fish Of The Forum

1. Apr 18, 2003 #1
    I was viewing some posts on different topics was going to reply many times but did not because I knew it would not matter. The words before it defined the understanding that wrote them. No need to reply.

I had a dream, it was many fish swimming in a waterless tank, they would not go beyond what the perceived to be their boarders even thought there was nothing there. I knew for the greater part that it was about this forum.

Many of you post consistantly and over and over and over and yet what you post is what you read what you believe or what is on band wagon .com for the day.

You have the ability to understand use it. Climb the hill go beyond the boarders. I know for a fact that a hand full on this forum which I have viewed have truely used that capacity to any degree. It is obvious to anyone that understands even a 1/100000000000000000000000000 of a spec of truth. I know for a fact many of you do not believe you can. You are not good enough, not smart enough, not quick enough, not etc.......

Truth is we are part of truth which gives us a capacity to understand ourselves. In that understanding is born something that gives rise to real questions. Why did you not catch that ball?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2003 #2
    Ummm...so unless we see or believe in things that don't exist, we aren't living up to our potential?

4. Apr 18, 2003 #3
    Zero, a question to you directly. Have you questioned what gravity to the point where the answer became an absolute reality to you? If you do not know what gravity is and it is the basis for all of creation how can you make any accessments?

What you post on these types of topics is what you believe am I not right? You have made a decision here correct. A decision is what we make when we do not know. When we know there is no decision to be made. I do not fault any individual for this, we have all done it many times in our lives. It usually gets answered when it becomes important enough.

Zero, why did you drop the ball?

5. Apr 19, 2003 #4

FZ+

Who defines these borders? Do you?
    People have beliefs. And whether they are fish or not, we are constrained by our experiences. A limiting of possibilities is not just acceptable, it is neccessary. What is not is that you throw away the possibility of other possibilities.

And again.... I know for a fact? My thoughts are better than yours? How can you even begin to assert something like that? What if I say you are the fish, looking through the bowl at the world around you, and commenting on how they are constricted? How does the fish know whether he is inside the bowl looking at the infinities outside, or outside the bowl looking at the finite interior?

Food for thought?

6. Apr 19, 2003 #5
    I became enlightened in 1987, I figured out what gravity was in 1991 I have had numerous visions, I have seen disasters and described them, I have pick the actual date and a aspects of a disaster with absolute certainty told everyone in the family people I work with etc...... I am no different than you, but I have seen an know these things to be real. A few people came up to me in different situations, they were banwagon jumpers, I purposely diminished the experience to them because they would settle for this and would not have gone any further. I would rather see a question sit in their craw.

I see you treading on some questioning which are good and valid. Stomping on ones ego is a good and motivating force if it drives one internally further instead of outward in a blindness against someone or something else.

A human being is a chemical reaction wheater or not you believe in god/universal conscienceness or not. This reaction is under the complete control of "the law"/physics is it not? That would mean all aspects of the system are guided by these principles. How can any act on a relative system be eternal? There is forgiveness for acts now matter how bad, but the universe has a payment plan intrinsically placed. Perfect balance. This is what Jesus ment when he spoke of fogiveness and his comments on the law. I have directly interpreted this and it has never been said before. The "The Law" as is refered to in the bible is the law of physics causality itself.

I saw a my friends father one house down get healed after not being able to walk for seven years by a priest healer. I threw out the experience save for a cross which was handed out at the begining of the sermon which was blackend as if it by lighting. I accepted nothing of that experience, but it drove me to understand more because I knew there was something there. Some inate ability which existed in human beings as part of system we do not totally understand. This is why 1991 happend and why I say what I do.

I am saying these things not because I expect you to belive or not believe, but sometimes when you hear certain things see certain things it triggers something inside you and suddenly you know there is something more and it unleashes an experience you did not believe was possible or knew existed.

7. Apr 19, 2003 #6

FZ+

Then the fish in the bowl does not seem apt does it? Because, in your mind, you have put them in your bowl, and you outside it. Everybody "knows" the truth, TENYEARS. Everybody' truth just happens to be different.

8. Apr 19, 2003 #7
    You say there is a ball. I say there is not. The only think you can offer to show that the ball exists is to say if I believe hard enough, I too will see the ball. That sounds like it borders mental illness, to assert that before you see evidence, you have to force your mind to see it.

9. Apr 19, 2003 #8
    FZ, outside of what would be the real question. As to "Everybody "knows" the truth, TENYEARS. Everybody' truth just happens to be different." I applaud. Even when you have crossed that bridge that has no planks, this will still be true.

Zero, have you not ever been thown a ball and dropped it or missed it. If it was thrown to you in all reasonableness and you dropped it why? Is it that you could not catch the ball? Nope I know you can catch the ball so why did you drop it?

There is an obvious answer to this question which 99.9% of the people will take. Then there is a way which is not much different but gives rise to seening things in a new way. This in itself is the beginning of the awakening.

10. Apr 19, 2003 #9
    There is only one way to see: with your eyes.

11. Apr 19, 2003 #10
    nope, we not aside from god/universal conscienceness anyway; the rest of us just have our own vantage points from which we gain a perspective on it. hence, unlike Zero argued, there are many ways to see.

12. Apr 19, 2003 #11

FZ+

That's with a *little* flexible interpretation what I meant. We all undeniably see a different picture. We all in our minds feel the picture we see is true. But are our pictures one of the same thing, or do we each live in our own world? I assume the former.

13. Apr 19, 2003 #12
    That's the point I was trying to make, andthat we all have the same senses to work with. If you see a bicycle, I shouldn't see a chainsaw. There is only one reality, and either we can all see something, or it doesn't exist.

14. Apr 19, 2003 #13
    your "we" consists only of dillusional people then. :wink:

the pictures are not one at all, the thing might be; if you see a bicycle, I shouldn't see a chainsaw, but i might get the impression of a 10-speed instead of a 12-speed, or partially obstructed and from a certain angle it may well look like a unicycle.

15. Apr 19, 2003 #14

FZ+

So when you say this to me, you believe you are saying a lie?

16. Apr 19, 2003 #15
    Well, we should agree in general, don't you think? TENYEARS is talking about radical differences in perception...and such a radical shift requires radical proof.

17. Apr 19, 2003 #16
    TENYEARS, I respect you as much as anyone else on this Forum. However, I think that the fact that you believe yourself to be more enlightened then I (or the other members) is making you feel superior to us. You feel no qualms about generalizing us ("fish"), or calling us "children", because your belief in enlightenment has you believing that you are the teacher and we are the students. In actual fact, any truly enlightened teacher should realize that s/he is also a student.

18. Apr 19, 2003 #17
    Good reply, I do not think any less of anyone on this forum or anywhere else, that would not be possible and at the same time experience what I have. I may sometimes get angry, but that is all. I am a student on a daily basis as we all are and have learned from some of you.

Everything I have told you is true and yet I still question myself. I was told by a women I work with at one point not to tell her anything because she did not want to know. I had told her of a disaster that would happen and others I work with. I am not saying I see or know everything. I don't, not even close. But the amazing thing is is that it is real. Remember Joseph of the old testament. The important thing to remember is that the pharaoh had the dream of the 7 good and seven bad years. The cup bearer and the baker also had dreams. They came to pass.

Belief is what stifles all learning, I do not want you to believe me.

19. Apr 19, 2003 #18
    no, i believe you are leaving out those of us who accept that we only privy to partial impressions of the truth.

20. Apr 20, 2003 #19
    The Advent of Color

From the thread, A proof for the existence of God? ...

21. Apr 20, 2003 #20

FZ+

Hmmm.... But you still feel your impressions, however partial, are true, don't you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?