Flux Density and Capitance relationship?

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between flux density and capacitance in a parallel plate capacitor. The equation for calculating capacitance using electric flux density, separation distance, and the permittivity of free space (e0 = 8.85 x 10^-12 Farads per meter) is mentioned. The possibility of using other electromagnetic parameters to calculate capacitance is also explored.
Oscar6330
Is there a way to relate flux Density with capacitance (Parallel plate capacitor). Yes/ No...

I will be thankful if you tell me the equation is there is a relationship.

In case we cannot relate them, then is there a way to relate any electromagnetic parameter with parallel plate capacitance.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The voltage V on a parallel capacitor = E d where E is electric field (electric flux density) and d is separation.

C = Q/V = Q/(E d) =e0 A/d; e0 = 8.85 x 10^-12 Farads per meter

Bob S said:
The voltage V on a parallel capacitor = E d where E is electric field (electric flux density) and d is separation.

C = Q/V = Q/(E d) =e0 A/d; e0 = 8.85 x 10^-12 Farads per meter
Is Q= (e0 A)/E??

Oscar6330 said:
Is Q= (e0 A)/E??

From my last equation

Q/V = Q/(E d) = e0A/d

So Q = e0A E

(or = e0A V/d or = V C)

Bob S said:
From my last equation

Q/V = Q/(E d) = e0A/d

So Q = e0A E

(or = e0A V/d or = V C)

Thanks for your generous reply.

I am getting the value of E from my simulation software. 'd' is the distance between parallel plates, which is known. But what about Q. How can find Q? from the Simulation enviroment, I can compute the following variables

1. electric Potential
2. Total Flux Density
3. Total Field Intensity
4. Current Density
5. Inductance.

Pl tell me some equation that can be used to calculate capacitance (parallel plate), using the parameters that can be calculated using the software (5 listed above).

Thanks

What is flux density?

Flux density, also known as magnetic flux density or magnetic induction, is a measure of the strength of a magnetic field. It is represented by the symbol B and is measured in units of tesla (T) or gauss (G).

What is capacitance?

Capacitance is the ability of a system to store an electric charge. It is represented by the symbol C and is measured in units of farads (F). It is determined by the geometry and materials of the system.

How are flux density and capacitance related?

Flux density and capacitance are related through the equation B = μ0 * ε0 * E, where μ0 is the permeability of free space, ε0 is the permittivity of free space, and E is the electric field. This equation shows that the flux density is directly proportional to the electric field and the capacitance is inversely proportional to the electric field.

What is the significance of the relationship between flux density and capacitance?

The relationship between flux density and capacitance is important in understanding the behavior of electric and magnetic fields in various systems. It is also crucial in the design and analysis of electronic circuits and devices, as well as in applications such as power transmission and generation.

How can the relationship between flux density and capacitance be used in practical applications?

The relationship between flux density and capacitance can be used in a variety of practical applications, such as in the design of capacitors, transformers, and inductors. It is also used in the development of magnetic storage devices, such as hard drives and magnetic tapes. Additionally, the relationship is used in electromagnetic simulations and calculations for various engineering and scientific purposes.