Have you heard of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

• Thread starter Kazza_765
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flying
In summary, the website venganza.org was mentioned earlier, but the original thread could not be found. However, in the feedback section of the current issue of New Scientist, it was reported that the site is now receiving 200k hits a day. This provides a logical explanation for the correlation between Global Warming and Pirate population, as shown in a graph previously encountered. The phrase "all hail the spaghetti monster" is also referenced.
Kazza_765
Someone mentioned this site a little while ago, but I couldn't find the original thread.

http://www.venganza.org/

Low and behold, reading through the current issue of New Scientist I find this in the feedback section.

http://www.newscientist.com/backpage.ns?id=mg18725112.800

Seems the site is getting 200k hits a day now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Now I have a logical explanation for the correlation between Global Warming and Pirate population! I had encountered this graph before but without the underlying context. Science is great.

i think it was something like "all hail the spaghetti monster" or some such. it's all over now.

1. What is the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster, also known as the FSM, is a satirical deity created by Bobby Henderson in 2005 as a response to the teaching of intelligent design in schools. It is often used as a symbol for the separation of church and state and a critique of organized religion.

2. Is the Flying Spaghetti Monster a real religion?

No, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a real religion. It was created as a parody and has gained a following as a symbol of religious skepticism.

3. What are the beliefs of followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

The beliefs of followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster vary, but they generally reject organized religion and promote scientific and critical thinking. Some followers also engage in charitable work and community service.

4. Why is the Flying Spaghetti Monster often depicted as a giant spaghetti creature with meatball eyes?

This image is based on the original description of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in Bobby Henderson's open letter to the Kansas State Board of Education. It is meant to highlight the absurdity of teaching intelligent design in schools.

5. Can I become a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Yes, anyone can become a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The "official" website of the Church allows individuals to become ordained as Pastafarian ministers for a small fee. However, many followers of the FSM consider it more of a cultural movement and do not require official membership or ordination.