Food Inc. most important film I have seen in a while

In summary, the conversation discusses a shocking documentary about the food industry and how it is able to manipulate laws and regulations. The film features interviews with farmers and highlights the influence of big corporations on government agencies. The conversation also touches on the dangers of additives in food and the importance of regulating industries that have a direct impact on our health.
Gravenewworld said:
Once again, it is illegal to make claims against an organization such as a business or a person that aren't true. You can't make a film making wild accusations that aren't true and wide release it to the public.
Most often false claims are not actually made. Instead information is presented in such a manner as to insinuate something which is false. Take for instance the claims in The Future of Food that no testing was required of GM foods. If you pay attention they insinuate, but never directly claim, that the USDA, EPA, and FDA have not required testing of GM foods. They also take several quotes out of context which seem to indicate that government officials say GM foods needn't be tested when paying close attention to the verbage its obvious they were originally talking about GM foods needing special testing or more testing than other types of food. They theorize about taking genes from a flounder and putting them into a tomato, never actually claiming such a thing was done, and then say that this is the sort of thing that GM food makers do. They refer to rats getting stomach lesions when GM tomatos were tested on them and made a big deal out of this supposed side effect of the GM tomato ignoring the fact that tomatos are highly acidic fruits that will give anyone who eats a diet consisting of nothing else stomach lesions, otherwise known as ulcers. These are just a few examples that I saw in that movie and I only watched half that film.

Edit: I will have time later tonight and possible watch at least some of Food Inc.

Physics news on Phys.org
the movie isn't even available online. :-/