Foreign exchange to China?

In summary, studying in China is a popular option for many students and there are opportunities for exchange programs and courses taught in English at various universities. However, it is important to research the visa requirements and the quality of the universities before making a decision.
Gullik
I'm thinking of taking one of my semesters, autumn 2013, in China. I would need to take something equivalent to a statistical physics course while there, but most universities with a physics degree should have that. I'm a Norwegian and will be at the end of a bachelor if that has any relevance.

Are there anyone that has any experiences studying in China.

Are there universities open to foreign exchange students that teach in english.

Are Chinese universities good? (Probably different from uni to uni.)

Will there be any visa problems?

Anyone that can recommend some universities?

I'll talk to my student advisor later about getting the credits acknowledged even though there are no exchange deals.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, there are many people who have studied in China. Depending on the university you choose, there may be courses offered in English or other foreign languages. The quality of Chinese universities varies, as with any country, but many of the top universities in China are world-renowned. To study in China, you may need to obtain a visa, so it is important to research the visa requirements for your chosen country before committing to study there. Additionally, you should research the universities you are interested in and speak to your student advisor about getting credit for coursework completed abroad.

1. What is the current exchange rate between my currency and the Chinese Yuan (CNY)?

The current exchange rate between your currency and the Chinese Yuan can vary depending on the market conditions and fluctuations in the foreign exchange market. It is recommended to check with a reputable foreign exchange service provider for the most accurate and up-to-date exchange rate.

2. Can I use my currency in China or do I need to exchange it for Chinese Yuan?

In most cases, you will need to exchange your currency for Chinese Yuan in order to use it in China. While some major international hotels and businesses may accept certain foreign currencies, it is best to exchange your currency for Chinese Yuan to avoid any potential issues or inconveniences.

3. What is the best way to exchange my currency for Chinese Yuan?

The best way to exchange your currency for Chinese Yuan is through a reputable foreign exchange service provider. You may also be able to exchange your currency at banks, airports, or hotels, but they may charge higher fees and offer less favorable exchange rates.

4. Are there any restrictions on how much currency I can bring into or out of China?

Yes, there are restrictions on how much currency you can bring into or out of China. Currently, the limit for individuals is 20,000 CNY (or equivalent in another currency) without declaring it at customs. Any amount above this limit must be declared and may be subject to additional taxes or fees.

5. Is it better to exchange my currency for Chinese Yuan before or during my trip to China?

It is generally recommended to exchange your currency for Chinese Yuan before your trip to China. This will ensure you have enough local currency for your expenses and avoid the potential hassle of finding a reputable exchange service provider in a foreign country. However, you may also exchange your currency during your trip if needed.