Formula for Projectile Motion?

• Thread starter save00us
  • Start date
Can someone post a decent formula? I can't seem to find something that I can understand.

There isn't a magic formula, if you don't understand an equation for motion, you need to learn why.

What do you want to know about projectile motion?

I just need the formulas..i only have notes on formulas like Vx = x/t, x = vt, y = Vgt + 1/2gt^2, v = voy + gt, vy^2 = voy + 2gy. I wasn't able to copy my teachers notes on the other formulas due to my nearsightedness and her handwriting was so small I can barely see it.

You just need 3 equations.
v = u + at
s = ut + 0.5at^2
v^2 = u^2 + 2as

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
I just need the formulas..i only have notes on formulas like Vx = x/t, x = vt, y = Vgt + 1/2gt^2, v = voy + gt, vy^2 = voy + 2gy. I wasn't able to copy my teachers notes on the other formulas due to my nearsightedness and her handwriting was so small I can barely see it.
There is no such thing as ONE formula that fits all scenarios. If you think there is, then there's a good chance you'll not do well with such problems, because you are hoping to only do a plug-and-chug without any understanding.

If this is related to a schoolwork, it should have been done in the HW/Coursework forum.

Zz.