Forum Game - What's that movie?

In summary, the conversation is about a forum game where participants must correctly identify a movie and post a new picture for others to guess. There is some discussion about the difficulty of the game and a suggestion to give hints after a few days. One player correctly guesses the movie "Contact" and then posts a new picture for others to guess. Another player guesses "Planet of the Apes" but is incorrect. The correct answer is revealed to be "The Battle for Endor," a lesser-known Star Wars TV movie. There is some discussion about whether or not to continue the game.
rolerbe
Forum Game -- What's that movie?

Similar to the landmark game. First to correctly identify the movie posts a new pic for a new movie. You are then responsible for giving clues (after a couple of days or so if its really a stumper), and deciding the next winner.

Here's an easy one to start:

Attachments

• b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 459
Physics news on Phys.org

Aww, c'mon. I know you have more time to waste than that! :zzz:
No?

rolerbe said:
Aww, c'mon. I know you have more time to waste than that! :zzz:
No?

Contact. Took me a minute to realize it was John Hurt and not Ben Kingsley. (I almost said Lucky Number Slevin).

Alright here's mine.

Attachments

• thePicture.jpg
    thePicture.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 441

Oooh. I do not know this one. Cool. Give me some good timewaster material this afternoon. :approve:

Alright, my somewhat lame guess: Planet of the Apes (the new release)?

rolerbe said:
Alright, my somewhat lame guess: Planet of the Apes (the new release)?

No. It's "The Battle for Endor". A Star Wars TV movie released in the 80's that not a whole lot of people know about.

Well, not supposed to give it away that quick :eek:

But, looks like this game hasn't caught on (its a BIG hit on another forum I frequent). Give it a rest, or soldier on? What do you think?

1. What is the objective of "Forum Game - What's that movie?"

The objective of this game is for players to describe a movie using hints and clues, and for others to guess the movie based on those hints.

2. How is the game played?

The game is typically played in a forum or online discussion platform. One player starts by providing a few hints or clues about a movie (e.g. actors, plot, genre). Other players then have to guess the movie based on these hints. The player who correctly guesses the movie then gets to provide the next set of hints for a new movie.

3. Are there any rules for playing the game?

There are no strict rules for playing this game, but it is generally accepted to only provide hints that are relevant to the movie and not give away the answer too easily. Players should also wait for confirmation from the person who provided the hints before posting their guess.

4. Is there a point system or winner in this game?

There is no official point system or winner in this game. The goal is simply to have fun and test your knowledge of movies.

5. Can any movie be used in this game?

Yes, any movie can be used in this game as long as it is well-known enough for others to have a chance at guessing it. It is usually best to stick to popular or widely-recognized movies to keep the game enjoyable for all players.