Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Free online course in Nuclear Science and Engineering on Coursera

1. Jun 10, 2013 #1
    For those who are extremely interested in nuclear technology like me. I'm happy to inform you about the starting of a new online course today from the University of Pittsburgh by prof Larry Foulke. The course could be done on Coursera. Doing that course and receiving a certificate of accomplishment is completely free.

I find it a good opportunity for students studying toward a related area to expand their knowledge or even people with no background who want to know about nuclear energy's advantages and disadvantages to spend some hours of the summer on it.

the link for the course is below, you need to register first with Coursera to be able to signup for it, again everything is 100% free.

https://www.coursera.org/course/nuclearscience

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2013 #2

radou

Homework Helper

I'm attending the course and the first impressions are great - the professor is great, there's a lots of readings, links and materials posted, and I expect anyone interested in the subject will profit greatly by taking the course.

4. Jun 11, 2013 #3
    The discussion forums of that course is being run by people running nuclear reactors which I think is useful if you have detailed questions that you want to be answered.

5. Jun 11, 2013 #4

radou

Homework Helper

Yup, and this is why Coursera courses are excellent in general - they're mostly led by industry professionals who are "in the thick of it".

6. Jun 11, 2013 #5
    thank you very much for posting this, i just signed up

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook