Free online course in Nuclear Science and Engineering on Coursera

In summary, a new online course on nuclear technology is now available from the University of Pittsburgh, taught by Professor Larry Foulke. The course is free and can be accessed through Coursera. It is a great opportunity for students and anyone interested in learning about nuclear energy. The course includes readings, links, and materials, and is led by industry professionals. Registration with Coursera is required to sign up for the course.
Dundeephysics
For those who are extremely interested in nuclear technology like me. I'm happy to inform you about the starting of a new online course today from the University of Pittsburgh by prof Larry Foulke. The course could be done on Coursera. Doing that course and receiving a certificate of accomplishment is completely free.

I find it a good opportunity for students studying toward a related area to expand their knowledge or even people with no background who want to know about nuclear energy's advantages and disadvantages to spend some hours of the summer on it.

the link for the course is below, you need to register first with Coursera to be able to signup for it, again everything is 100% free.

https://www.coursera.org/course/nuclearscience

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm attending the course and the first impressions are great - the professor is great, there's a lots of readings, links and materials posted, and I expect anyone interested in the subject will profit greatly by taking the course.

The discussion forums of that course is being run by people running nuclear reactors which I think is useful if you have detailed questions that you want to be answered.

Dundeephysics said:
The discussion forums of that course is being run by people running nuclear reactors which I think is useful if you have detailed questions that you want to be answered.

Yup, and this is why Coursera courses are excellent in general - they're mostly led by industry professionals who are "in the thick of it".

thank you very much for posting this, i just signed up

What is a free online course in Nuclear Science and Engineering on Coursera?

A free online course in Nuclear Science and Engineering on Coursera is a learning program that covers various topics related to nuclear science and engineering. It is provided by Coursera, a popular online learning platform, and is available to anyone with an internet connection.

What topics are covered in the course?

The course covers a wide range of topics including nuclear physics, nuclear reactions and energy, nuclear power plants, nuclear waste management, and nuclear safety. It also includes hands-on projects and real-world case studies to enhance understanding and application of the concepts.

Is the course suitable for beginners?

Yes, the course is suitable for beginners as it starts with the basics of nuclear science and engineering and gradually progresses to more advanced topics. It is designed to be accessible to a wide range of learners, including those with no prior knowledge or experience in the field.

What are the benefits of taking this course?

Taking this course can provide numerous benefits, including gaining knowledge and understanding of nuclear science and engineering, developing practical skills through hands-on projects, and enhancing career prospects in the field. It also allows learners to learn at their own pace and access the course materials anytime, anywhere.

Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in the course?

There are no specific prerequisites for enrolling in the course. However, a basic understanding of physics and mathematics can be helpful for better understanding the course materials. Additionally, access to a computer and internet connection is required to participate in the course.