1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

French teacher in physics and chemistry would appreciate help from colleagues

1. Aug 26, 2009 #1
    I teach physics and chemistry in English to French students and I've tried to put my courses on line.
    http://vfsilesieux.free.fr/ProgressionTSeuro.swf" [Broken]

There are undoubtedly many mistakes as I'm not a native speaker.

It would be very nice if some colleague could help me to correct them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Vincent Lesieux

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2009 #2
    I can't seem to open the pages on your website (at work at the moment), I'll give it a try at home, if I have the time.

4. Aug 27, 2009 #3
    Thank you.

5. Aug 27, 2009 #4
    Hi there,

Great that you wrote your class in OpenOffice. Problem is that from most of our work computers, we are stuck with MS Office. Could you make a pdf copy. I would be happy to help you with this.

6. Aug 27, 2009 #5
    Sorry that you have problem to read it.
    It is flashpaper so you just need an updated flashplayer

7. Aug 31, 2009 #6
    Sorry, i realised it couldn't be read with internet explorer (but it was with mozilla) so i made the changes in the code and checked so now it should be ok.

8. Sep 5, 2009 #7
    Just looking at a few pages, your English seems more than adequate. Your "Franglais" has a certain savoir faire. For instance:

"Sorry that you have problem to read it"

is perfecty understandable. A native (UK!) speaker would say (in Queen's English):

"Sorry that you have a problem reading it [old chap]."

... but your version is perfectly fine. More understandable than some native speakers. People round my way might say:

"' 'ard recknin' be it? Nay lad..."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook