Native English speaker needed to review online physics and chemistry courses

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 8K views
lesieux
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I teach physics and chemistry in English to French students and I've tried to put my courses on line.
http://vfsilesieux.free.fr/ProgressionTSeuro.swf"

There are undoubtedly many mistakes as I'm not a native speaker.

It would be very nice if some colleague could help me to correct them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Vincent Lesieux
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't seem to open the pages on your website (at work at the moment), I'll give it a try at home, if I have the time.
 
Hi there,

Great that you wrote your class in OpenOffice. Problem is that from most of our work computers, we are stuck with MS Office. Could you make a pdf copy. I would be happy to help you with this.
 
Sorry that you have problem to read it.
It is flashpaper so you just need an updated flashplayer
 
Sorry, i realized it couldn't be read with internet explorer (but it was with mozilla) so i made the changes in the code and checked so now it should be ok.
 
Just looking at a few pages, your English seems more than adequate. Your "Franglais" has a certain savoir faire. For instance:

"Sorry that you have problem to read it"

is perfecty understandable. A native (UK!) speaker would say (in Queen's English):

"Sorry that you have a problem reading it [old chap]."

... but your version is perfectly fine. More understandable than some native speakers. People round my way might say:

"' 'ard recknin' be it? Nay lad..."