Frequency or wavelength of a photon

In summary, the frequency or wavelength of a photon is related to the energy and color of light in the wave picture, and is determined by the number of wave crests passing a fixed point every second. In the photon picture, a photon has an energy directly related to the wavelength of light. The frequency and wavelength of light are also related by the speed of light. The wave-particle duality of light is always valid and can be observed in phenomena such as the double slit experiment. However, the interference of photons occurs between the initial starting point and the final observation point, not during the photon's journey through the slits.
Rade said:
Thanks very much for your explanation and time. One last question based on the above statement (maybe:smile:). Suppose a situation where there were "two photons" (eg, simultaneously at both sites) and not "just one"--do you know of any experimental design at could detect "two photons simultaneouly" at the slits--can you provide a reference ?

Your welcome, I had the same questions as you going into learning about it, luckilly though I found a discussion on here and then followed some links and found a few of my own. I saw the others description and I figured they may be using concepts you weren't familliar with so I tried to put it in very simple language, a sort of idiots guide, the same sort of information I had when I was learning about it, without getting to heavilly involved in maths or relatively obsucre terms too early on. Now go and learn about special relativity, that's a bit of a mind melt at first too :smile: