Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Galactic Suite and space tourism

1. Nov 2, 2009 #1
    Hey all, I just saw an http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/odd/6422739/space-hotel-says-its-on-schedule-to-open-in-2012/" [Broken]) that claims they will have a space hotel operational by the end of 2012. I was just curious as to if the engineering community (thats you guys!) thought that this is even feasible, not only from a funding standpoint, but even if the money was available, if a private company would be able to put up the hardware for a venture like this in time. To me, it seems like this whole company is almost a joke since I can't find any evidence that they've actually done any engineering work on the project. But someone here might know something I don't. And while we're on the subject, what's the latest on Richard Branson and Virgin galactic?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2009 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Let's just say is is HIGHLY improbable that they will have a "space hotel" in orbit in less than 3 years. I would even be skeptical if they were quoting by 2020...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook