1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing General physics lab exams?

1. Jan 26, 2007 #1
    Hello all,

Do you have exams for physics labs?

How is the exam done? Theoretical or experimental?

Thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2007 #2
    Probably the thing to ask a professor who teaches such a course.
  4. Jan 26, 2007 #3
    Thank you Bitter.
    I want to know the rules at different universities.

I teach physics labs and we have a final experimental exam which includes the same experiments done during the semester. I don't agree completely with this way of examining and wanted to see how other universities examine.
  5. Jan 26, 2007 #4

Gold Member

My exams for the labs where a mix of both. We where given problems, where we had to compute the numerical answer by applying the various theories we had learned. Then we would set up experiments based on the questions. I prefer this method as opposed to just replicating prior experiments.
  6. Jan 26, 2007 #5
    We had a practical exam too. An earlier experiment had us examine elastic and inelastic collisions with known masses. The exam had us do the same thing but with unknown mass. I don't remember the details really since it was a long time ago.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?