Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Getting an old PLC onto Allen Bradley DH+

1. Jul 10, 2008 #1
    Hey all,

I am trying to get an old AB PLC-5/40 onto an existing DH+ for data communication (both ways). The PLC does not support DH+ natively like SLCs but it is capable of serial communication.

I know that the 1770-KF2 DH+ & Serial interface module are used to bringing a computer into the DH+ network with a RS-232 connection. However, I am not sure if the 1770-KF2 will be capable of acting as if it is completely transparent on the DH+ and only exposes the PLC and not itself. Since I will be sending these information into a legacy system (20 years old?? ), I wanted to make sure it would not have to be configured differently from other nodes that are already on the DH+.

I looked through the Rockwell KF2 documentation twice now and havn't been able to find anything remotely similar. So this is my last resort.

Thanks all!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted